Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

Water and ice maker not dispensing in Whirlpool side by side Fridge

Hi I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator. All of a sudden the water stop to dispense and ice make would not make ice. I tried removing the filter below the fridge and water comes out of the dispenser. I suspect that the filter may have gone bad, however when I replace the filter with the new one, the water won't dispensed too. I tried removing the filter and water came out. Ice maker also produce ice. Is it possible that the new filter I bought is defective?.....I hate to buy another filter which cost a fortune too....around $ 60.00 and would found out later on that the problem is not the filter,,,,,any idea guys?

Does the water line coming into the fridge have good pressure? If not you could have a stopped up supply line...

Jaime will be eternally grateful.