What is the purpose of this cable/connector?

What is the purpose for this cable/connector?

I was trying to replace my battery and unplugged this FPC and when I plugged it back it snapped 4 of the pins...

Is this fixable or am I screwed?

Unfortunately my screen is broken and I have a replacement waiting delivery. When I connect my phone to the charger, it heats up a lot and keeps either vibrating or making the charge noise...

Also the cable is okay, the dock it self has broken pins.

You could send out to have to connector replaced, or you could live without it.

You'd need to prompt your phone to boot by plugging it into charger, then control the volume/mute/power functions from assistive touch

Most Helpful Answer

It is power button flex, which I believe controls power button, mute vibrate and volume buttons and light.

what happens when you connect the a new cable, you might find some functions work depending on what connections were damaged.

I agree with the answer above though, live without it.

This is responsible for lock button, volume control, vibrate control and rear microphone. I would send the board of and have that replaced. If you are in the stated and can post I would recommend: http://www.mendonipadrehab.com/

Jessa is the best at board level repairs

leonidazz will be eternally grateful.