How do I reset my BIOS password on newer ASUS laptops?

I was playing around with the BIOS settings and somehow I fat fingered the password not once, but twice.. and now I'm locked out of the computer entirely. I was trying to figure out what the difference was between the "User" password, and the "Administrator" password - and the difference is that "User" won't allow the system to boot at all without that password.

I've tried pulling the main power from the tiny little motherboard, and this appears to make no difference with these newer laptops which don't have specific bios batteries to remove. Any suggestions?

my x551m has a rescue password date 2012/10/09 how can I be helped

Not the best video but it works so give it a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfFcHtY...

Hope it helps

So I followed his directions, but it didn't work for me. After a bit of searching, apparently the bios rescue password is tied to whatever the bios thinks the date is.. I can't get my Bios to go back any further than 2012/01/01 though (pulling the power on the motherboard for a few minutes achieved this). The video had a bios of 2002/01/02, which is way older than what I have. I'll have to keep looking.

I did some more research on you laptop ,netbook with no cmos battery it has to use battery power and if disconnected will stay viable with static charge that remains in the board .So to drain the board disconnect the battery and hold down the power button for a few minutes then try it and see if it worked if it didn't,disconnect the battery again and leave the battery disconnected for several days till all residual power is drawn off when you think you have all the residual power drained away plug in and try again . Hope this works better

hi guys I have a laptop and it an Asus can I please have the Rescue Password for 2016/08/29

you can email me on: jnrlima@gmail.com

Thank you

I have the same problem . mine requiresome a rescue password for 2016/10/05

please help me you can easily Maille me at hmpmoeng@telkomsa.net

I have the same problem except that it keeps doing the same thing over and over asking for a password. Mine is an Asus Transformer tablet with Windows 10 . I accidentally set the Bios Admin password and not the User one. And now I can't even boot my computer up. When I do alt+r, my rescue password date is whatever date I am trying to access the computer. Two days ago it was 12/21/16, today it is 2016/12/23. HELP. Is there any way to recover without wiping my computer or resetting it? I don't have any of my MS Office keys anymore.

Okay, so my friend is a pretty well educated, experienced IT. He completely wiped the bios and reset the password, then went and successfully installed windows eight for a couple days, then when he went to get my laptop booted up to start personalizing it, & the %#*@ bios password had managed to remotely reset itself to the previous password magically?. As if he didn't change literally everything in the computer harddrive with different firmware.

Had any of you seen this ?.

??hi how are you

With all Windows 8 laptop or computers that have problems with Bios Security Password. What you can do enter your log in password or your normal log in password into the Bios Security. Press Enter and it will direct you to the Bios windows. On top search for Security go down to all the password type the same password into it and then enter when a window pops up to re-enter new password leave it blank. Just press Enter and it will just direct you to your normal log in.

mine shows 2014/05/20, I can not get into bios because it only gets to the first screen " enter bios password" right now I have gotten as far as the first screen again and it says "enter rescue password" which I have not found anywhere on the internet.

You will find links to a couple of BIOS (or more correctly UEFI) password recovery sites here:

https://therestartproject.org/wiki/UEFI_...

Manufacturers seem to have leaned on Google not to index such sites but you can still find them through the Russian search engine Yandex.ru

Regards - Philip

I have an asus notebook pc. I recieved my laptop as a gift but it has that bios password thing that pops up when I turn it on , but it wont do anything past that .. I pressed alt+r and the bios is 2009/01/01 it says enter rescue password . How do I find the rescue password to be able to use my computer ??

My email address is :

trishwiles420@gmail.com

Thank you .

Hi Trisha - See my reply from 7 days ago, which should help you get the rescue password. Regards - Philip

Hi also i have same problem can you help me too?

my email address is :

louiejamez@gmail.com

thank you.

How do i use the rescue password for 2018/11/03

Hi

Can you help me about recuse password for 2016/09/08 ?

Looking forAsus x541UA bios password 2017-06 dont know the day

Please email loraine603@gmail.com

Ryan will be eternally grateful.