How do I reset my BIOS password on newer ASUS laptops?

I was playing around with the BIOS settings and somehow I fat fingered the password not once, but twice.. and now I'm locked out of the computer entirely. I was trying to figure out what the difference was between the "User" password, and the "Administrator" password - and the difference is that "User" won't allow the system to boot at all without that password.

I've tried pulling the main power from the tiny little motherboard, and this appears to make no difference with these newer laptops which don't have specific bios batteries to remove. Any suggestions?

Not the best video but it works so give it a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfFcHtY...

Hope it helps

So I followed his directions, but it didn't work for me. After a bit of searching, apparently the bios rescue password is tied to whatever the bios thinks the date is.. I can't get my Bios to go back any further than 2012/01/01 though (pulling the power on the motherboard for a few minutes achieved this). The video had a bios of 2002/01/02, which is way older than what I have. I'll have to keep looking.

I have an Asus notebook and every time I tun I on it instantly requires a BIOS password I've have it for 6 months now

You will find links to a couple of BIOS (or more correctly UEFI) password recovery sites here:

https://therestartproject.org/wiki/UEFI_...

Manufacturers seem to have leaned on Google not to index such sites but you can still find them through the Russian search engine Yandex.ru

Regards - Philip

I did some more research on you laptop ,netbook with no cmos battery it has to use battery power and if disconnected will stay viable with static charge that remains in the board .So to drain the board disconnect the battery and hold down the power button for a few minutes then try it and see if it worked if it didn't,disconnect the battery again and leave the battery disconnected for several days till all residual power is drawn off when you think you have all the residual power drained away plug in and try again . Hope this works better

With all Windows 8 laptop or computers that have problems with Bios Security Password. What you can do enter your log in password or your normal log in password into the Bios Security. Press Enter and it will direct you to the Bios windows. On top search for Security go down to all the password type the same password into it and then enter when a window pops up to re-enter new password leave it blank. Just press Enter and it will just direct you to your normal log in.

mine shows 2014/05/20, I can not get into bios because it only gets to the first screen " enter bios password" right now I have gotten as far as the first screen again and it says "enter rescue password" which I have not found anywhere on the internet.

So every code seems to be the same except for the first character in Mihai's case it was "A" as the first character in my case it was "1" the rest is all the same "BLDABLA"

Hay?

I have been working on computers for many years now:

To clear your Bios and C moss open the back of the computer:

There is a small battery in the slot where the hard drive is red and black wires in it:

Unplug that plug wait 15 minutes then plug it back in this will clear all C moss and Bios:

Then you can open bios and C moss and re program to what ever you want to:

Ryan will be eternally grateful.