iPhone stuck in recovery mode won't restore.

My iphone 5s is stuck in recovery mode and it only shows up when it's plugged in.

I have tried everything. I have tried to restore it but it just keeps showing error something.

I dont know if it needs a battery replacement or not.

I think it could be caused by not enough storage idk.

It started in the morning, it began going in recovery mode and I was confused. My friend Ava did the hold down thing and gof it out.

Then later that day i dropped it and it went in recovery mode and only worked if it was plugged in.

Ava couldnt fix it and my parents wont let me get a new one because this will be my 6th broken iphone. Its been 3 month and I have no idea what to do.

I went to apple recently and they didnt even run a diagnostic they said it would be 200 dollars to fix.

Pls help I have tried almost everything except battery replacement but I dont know if thats my case. Pls help

iOS System Recovery and iOS System Recovery for Mac allows you to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode/white Apple logo screen/black screen and so on with a click, ever after updating to the latest iOS 10/9.3.3.

iPhone stuck in recovery mode won't restore

If you can't get it restored via connecting it to iTunes, try doing this (then re-storing);

1. Turn your computer volume up.

2. Open iTunes.

3. Hold down power/home until the Apple Logo disappears and then reappears (restarts iPhone).

4. Keep holding the home button until you hear the noise telling you its connected. It might immediately play the noise that says its disconnected, if it does, wait until the connected noise plays: the let the home button go.

5. iTunes will say it's in restore mode.

6. Restore with newest firmware

6. Restore with newest firmware

I have similar issue, did you resolve the matter?

Lol bud I don't think they're gonna respond. It's been a year and a half.

my ipod I have done all of the above,yet still turns on with apple logo then goes right back to the ipod is disabld connect to itunes.

Most Helpful Answer

I had similar issue but fortunately ifixit has a guide for it:

How to get rid of iTunes -1 error iPhone 5s

I guess either battery drain problem or iOS system error causes this problem.

As to the battery problem, you can follow the steps below:

1. Delete those 3rd party Apps draining battery most.

Go to Setting > Battery on your iPhone, then you can see the battery usage for the last 24 hours or last 7 Days. And Facebook, 9GAG, and Safari turn out to be my top 3 battery-draining apps, so I deleted Facebook and 9GAG.

2. Update All Apps Available to Update

3. Use lower power mode

4. Enable Auto-Brightness or Adjust Display Brightness.

5. Turn on Location Services Only While Using the App

6. Turn off a whole bunch of features, including

• Turn off the Background App Refresh. ( Setting>General> Background App Refresh>toggle off )
  • Turn off frequent location.
  • Turn off Automatic App Updates
  • Turn off Airdrop

7. Find safari alternative

Since many people said that Safari is using over 30-40% of iPhone battery since iOS 10.1, I chose Chrome to be my default browser.

8. Podcasts refreshing setting

If you subscribe to many podcasts, make sure that you aren’t refreshing all the time. Set it to refresh daily or manually (Settings> Podcasts> Refresh every).

You will get more information from this blog: I Have Done These 12 Things to My iPhone 8 to Fix the iOS 11.4.1 Battery Drain Problem

As to iOS system error, an iOS System Recovery tool can help you a lot. Read more here : iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode with iOS11? Fixes Here!

Since you have 5 others broken, why don't you sell used iPhone for money.

Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off.

Connect it to your computer with the USB cable.

Press and hold down the Home button.

Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode.

Now you should be able to Restore using iTunes.

For further information iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Follow the steps to get out of iTunes logo if you stuck in Recovery Mode when upgrading to the newest iOS 9. Before start, make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes: Open iTunes and click Help in the main menu > Select Check for Updates > Download the latest iTunes version to continue.

Step 1. Hold both the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons down for a minimum of 10 seconds, or until the device turns off.

Step 2. Push the Sleep/Wake button again to turn on your iPhone. If your iPhone is not in Recovery Mode, the problem is resolved. If it still sticks, continue to step 3.

Step 3. Launch iTunes and connect the iPhone to your computer. You should see a notification in iTunes says that iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode. Click Ok.

Step 4. Click the device icon on the left side of the iTunes window, and select the "Summary" tab.

Step 5. Click the "Restore" button.

http://goo.gl/MCQdq6

mines still not working

If you need to recover some important data when your iPhone stuck in recovery mode to prevent them lost after getting the recovery mode out. how can you get iphone out of recovery mode

hi there, did you fix it? i had the same problem, not even apple store coudn't fix it but i manage to restore myiphone 6 plus.

let me know if you want to fix it....

you were able to fix it even after the apple store couldn't? the same exact thing happened to me.

So how did you fix it?

When you drop it, probably some hardware issue like a loose connector or screw, damage component, please identify first hardware issue before procces software solution

Same thing happened to me. I had been using it for the last hour doing some research when i lost track of the charge. After that my phone never turned back on and i have tried every site :/

I went to change the screen about YEAR AGO ON MY IPHONE 5S and when I got it back the key board started getting stuck then when I took it back the guy that repaired it started to try mess with the power up board because it wouldn't power up and till this day I still get the recovery mode but it wont stay powered up.

i did everything but when its about to restore the phone just restarts and it sasy error 21

Madison will be eternally grateful.