Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

How to choose a SSD drive?

Hello!

I'm going to change my old and slow HDD drive to the new SSD.

I chose Kingston V300 SSD disc (due to it's cost, of course). Here is a description: http://www.kingston.com/us/ssd/v#sv300s3

Does anybody know, is this disk suitable to Macbook Pro 13" mid 2009 unibody?

If not, maybe there is other options in the similar price range?

Thank a lot in advance!

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Make sure the drive is backward compatible to 3 GB/s. That's an incredibly cheap price but a good brand. 60 GB is very small by todays standards, you might consider the 120GB.

I took it from description:

Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0

Is it what is needed? (Sorry for such questions, i just didn't found any mention about 3gb/s).

And I'm also dreading of its compatibility by proportions and connectors, because i don't know such specifications of my HDD.

SSDs dimensions are 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7mm.

SATA II is 3 GB/s. SATA III is 6 GB/s.

In my system report i found that information:

Link speed - 3 gb

Negotiated Link Speed - 1.5 gb

Does it mean that mac supports SATA II? Or SATA I maybe?

Thank in advance.

You'll need to update the systems firmware to gain SATA II (3.0 Gb/s) if your logic board is able to support it.

I agree with Mayer here, try to get a larger unit. I wouldn't go with anything less than 256GB my self. That way you have room for apps and needed swap files and a few loose files. Remember you want to leave at least 1/4 of the drive free and smaller drives really need 1/3.

Yes, the Kingston V300 works fine in this Macbook. I've used it several times. As mentioned, get a larger drive - you want about 50% free space on an SSD or you'll have performance issues. Also enable TRIM. If you're using Yosemite or El Capitan you can use the built-in command line Trimforce command to enable TRIM support. Otherwise for previous versions of OS X look for OSX Trim Enabler. Note that you will have to re-enable TRIM if you use Trim Enabler and later have any OS updates. Trimforce is persistent (it'll stay enabled)

vadimleno will be eternally grateful.