Model A1347 with 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor.

How can you verify an IR Sensor has been disconnected without disassem

I would like to know how I can verify that the IR sensor cable has been disconnected on the inside of the Mac Mini without disassembling it. Some way to test via the OS or command line if possible? The LED next to the sensor is always off, is that a good indication the the cable is disconnected?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Make sure it is not disabled in system settings(instructions here: http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/pair-disable...), I am assuming it is not working?

Checking the logic board connection is quite easy on this model. If you review the IFIXIT guide here: Mac Mini Mid 2010 IR Sensor Replacement jump down to Step 16 to see the connector. You don't need to go that far, you only need to pop off the base and looking just between the fan and the case for the connector. If need be you can even press down on the connector with a small screwdriver.

Brian Mc will be eternally grateful.