Water damage iPhone 5s, already cleaned HELP!
Hello! I'm now one of those who dropped their iphone in bathroom water...
It was turned on at the moment, but I turned it off quickly to dry it with a towel, BUT I'm also one of those who then tried to turn it on and of course it didn't.
I tried the rice trick for 48hs and it didn't turn on either. I took it to a local technical service to open it, they used isopropyl alcohol and they gave it to me saying that the problem was the motherboard and changing it would cost the same as a new iphone.
They also recommended not to let it charging all night long.
Now to the point:
- When it's turned off the battery dies anyway!! This is what worries me the most.
- When it's turned on and I'm using it, battery discharges REALLY quick, like in 1 hour goes from 100% to 20% with normal use, in less than 5 minutes goes from 17% to 9%.
- Also when it's turned on and I'm using it, it OVERHEATS in seconds, the technical service told me that this was going to happen, it overheats on the motherboard side, so my father's solution was to put it on an aluminium plate when this happens to cool down and it works instantly. But I can do that when I'm at some place, not in the street and since I had it back I never seen the sign of overheating on the cellphone, I avoided the overheating sign, but my hands burn everytime.
- When it overheats I just have to lock the screen and that solves it. I don't understand why.
- Lightning connector has some difficult sometimes to recognize my charger, I have 2 and I tested them, it's not damaged chargers.
- When it's turned on, locked, battery discharges easily too.
- The screen has stains inside, looks like marks they did when cleaning it, that's not so important for me and they told me they will go and actualy they are now disappearing.
I'm interested in fixing it at home, it's in excellent conditions, but I don't really know what's exactly the problem.
From what I read at this forum, I would change the battery, motherboard and maybe lightning connector. But I have to be sure to buy all at the same time online and not damaging it even more. My fear is that the problem may be some motherboard piece, not the whole motherboard, and I don't know how to figure it out!
What do you think?
Is this a good question?