Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

My Tv won't turn off or change inputs...

My Samsung ln46a650 won't turn off or inputs from remote or from tv itself. The light on the tv shows me its reading the remote so why wont it shut off the tv or even on the tv itself...

Rob, possible bad relay, bad caps etc. What have you checked? Have you opened the back and take a look at the power board?

I have opened the back... but i can't say i know what I'm looking at oldturkey03

What happens when you pull the power altogether (unplug)?

It powers up after plugging it back to power source. It reads the remote and responds to (on tv buttons). BUT after awhile the problem comes back. I cannot figure out what the source of the problem is.

I agree with oldturkey (and I am never going to catch up to him!): post pictures. That said, works and then eventually fails smells like a failed capacitor, or bad / cracked solder joint or trace. Rationale: the components that are time or heat sensitivity tend to be those.

In the meantime, you have also effectively found a work-around: put a switch (like a power bar) and turn it on before you want to use it. Not a bad idea from a power-savings and safety perspective, although less convenient.

Most Helpful Answer

Rob, check the power board. It should look similar than the one in the image. Check for anything odd looking. Post some images of your board with your question. Use this guide to help you with that. Just make sure that yuor set is disconnected and that you don't poke around the components with your fingers, Capacitors will hold a charge, even when the set is unplugged, and may giving you a shocking experience.

Trashhhhhhhhhhhh

This website really badd

I just got scammed

@cathi how did you get scammed? Which website is really badd and what is Trashhhhhhhhhhh?

I don't have an answer but have the same problem that developed today. From what I read, it appears the IR sensor in the TV went bad. I can see a light in the TV flicker when I try to use the remote so I'm assuming the signal's getting to the TV but nobody's home.

I've pretty well decided to replace the POS since there's a blotch on the screen that I've lived with for a year or more after I contacted Samsung and they determined it would need service and it was out of warranty. I believe one of the LEDs went bad but not sure. It bothered me, but I was living with it until this came up.

My question, if you're still visiting this page, were you able to continue to turn the power source off and when you turned the power on, did it come back up? That's what I did this morning and it turned back on, but I'm afraid it won't stay locked on and I'll have a dead TV and I want it to last until the Super Bowl sales start which means at least a week or three.

I also have this problem

Rob will be eternally grateful.