Screen works but no other buttons/controls are working

Hi all,

I got a phone from a friend with a shattered screen. I replaced the screen and that works great including the digitizer. The problem is though that the home/power/volume/ and silence controls are not working. I've found solutions related to the IPhone 5 but don't believe they apply to this model.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

First try reconnecting all the cables. If that doesn't work you could replace the power flex, which includes volume and mute functions, as well as replace the home flex. They're not very costly, but be aware that touch ID won't work after you've replaced the home button flex. Also, use a guide when replacing the power flex as it can be a little tricky.

Christopher Woolum will be eternally grateful.