Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Screen cracks without dropping phone.

Need help! I did a screen repair for a customer about 2 weeks ago and today she says it cracked w/out even dropping it. What can be the cause of this? My guess is frame damage? To much pressure against the screen.

This is always a hard call, had the same situation, this summer on iPhone 6. I aggree I would check that area for signs it was dropped. If your not sure I would tell the customer you will replace the screen at your cost this one time.

I know it sucks but some times it's not worth the fight. In my situation gave the customer two opitions I would refund him $60 from the first repair or I would replace the screen at cost for $70 (screens were cheaper then) and customer paid the $70. Three months late I fixed an iPad for that same customer, but you have to be careful because you don't want to be working for free.

Are you sure the part was an OEM screen?

Most customers will say it wasn't dropped but it could have taken a impact of some kind that will cause the screen to crack. You should take a look at the screen to see the area of impact and make a determination.

I would have thought that too but it happened to my iPhone 7plus as well and I didn’t drop the phone. The screen was cracked after just leaving it charged over night in a secure place. Absolutely no explanation for the cracks on the front of the screen that was in an otter box case.

It is possible. I just found this link through Google because I was searching why my phone just cracked by itself.

I would have not believed a screen could break without dropping it either but it happened to me too. I put the phone on the charger overnight on the floor beside the plug in between the bed and the wall. The phone was the only thing on the floor where it could not even be reached except by your hand as nothing else could fit there. Yet, somehow when I retrieved it this morning, the screen was cracked inside an otter box case.

brianguillen will be eternally grateful.