A 7" tablet with a Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.

Unfortunately launcher has stopped. How do I restart it?

When I start the tablet it goes to the lock screen and I get the message unfortunately, com. android.smspush has stopped. The same unfortunately, launcher has stopped, media the same. I tried holding the power key volume up button to reboot it. That didn't do any good so I started thru all the different modes in the list. Now it just goes to a dead green android with it's chest plate open and a red triangle warning with large letters that say no command. Anything would be helpful. Thank you

When I switch on my mobile that was say Unfortunately launcher has stopped..how to fix it..pls help me...

my mail id; Mechvasanth3@gmail.com

When I'm on my tablet I just do what I got to do and then it says launcher has stopped it just said today that my tab will shut down In 24 hours need help

i have same problem when i turn on my nokia x its showing me launcher has stopped. i restart the phone many times but i didn't get any solution. if some have any solution so pls help me

Iits ok,but i do need badly the launcher back

Most Helpful Answer

If you hold vol+, then press power for the count of 4 and release while still holding vol+, the pups may appear, then several seconds after that you should get the broken android. At that point, release the vol+ and it should still show the android. Press vol+ again and a menu should come up. If you can press the vol- key and navigate to "update rkimage from external storage", I may be able to help.

I learned how to make a file over the last couple weeks that fixed mine. I have 2 of them. I am not an expert, and do not yet know if it will help others, just finished it this AM, but am willing to try if you are. BTW, the rkimage will restore to factory so you will lose what was in there. I am guessing that ship has sailed anyway. Factory new is better than paperweight

Gary

My volume up is broken.... I feel like i have no hope in this... My phone was with me for over 2 years

My rca tablet will not sure off

@Ken Gardner

Try by adding a different home launcher. I am using Google Home Launcher, here is a link to the app in the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

After installing it go to settings and set the new home launcher. It's functional and does the job... do I love it? It's a good and functional launcher and that's what it counts to me at this point since the stock launcher has gone to !&&* a while upgrading to Lollipop and it's not getting fixed anytime soon. Hope this will help you like it helped me.

Cheers! ;)

I will let you know on this fix since my tablet dose not have hard volume buttons to push. I too updated the lollipop system and since the up date I am getting the launcher has stopped error.

This worked very well and thank you very much

Not there is a lot of launchers out there I went with a trusted company aka Google®

Glad to hear was helpful to some, but apparently this would require to have a rooted device. I followed the steps and all I got was the phone to restart which didn't help solve the issue... any additional suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

well, if you have launcher has stopped on a ZTE or tablet you go to settings and go all the way down to back up and reset. this will take 5-10mins. then do as the device says afterwords.

I have a cell phone and it not letting me get in to the phone to take it off

Today I updated my Allview Viper L to 4.4.2. Up untill this point the "Unfortunately the launcher has stopped working" message would appear only when I would try to edit the Desktop. After the update it kept on appearing. Rebooted the phone, powered off and on, took out the battery but the error still appeared.

HOWEVER, I noticed that tapping and swiping down on the upper side of the screen allowed me to reach the Settings. From there I went to System Backup and backed up my data(contacts, call log,calendar etc) to my SD card. Afterwards I went to Backup & reset and tapped on Factory data reset, tapped on Format phone storage and then, finally, hit Reset phone. Now it's working perfectly: it's still updated to 4.4.2, I have all my data, music and the rest

P.S. One reason I think this error appeared is because I disabled some apps and the phone warned me that things may go sideways so....moral of the story: don't disable apps that are already on your phone. Disable only the apps you installed and you are perfectly sure won't affect your phone in any way. Hope I've helped.

hi it took a count of 8 till lenovo sign came up put started to repeat it self so i held down the volume and start button let go both buttons after 3 and it reloaded it self .thanks mate yours mike

press and hold power key and volume up or down then enter factory wipe data cache

when I turn on my phone it Say's unfortunately launcher has stopped.

I NEED HELP.

I hope you fixed it already. I was able to get the drop down menu to settings. I went to Applications and Force quit it. Then I was able to delete and reinstall it

My rca tablet will not off and Frozen

please help me fix my tablet

If my phone showing again and again my launcher has stopped

how to disable indus launcher

Hellifyno will be eternally grateful.