The TI-Nspire CX handheld features a full-color, backlit screen, thin sleek design and includes TI-Nspire rechargeable battery.

TI-Nspire CX Cas Damaged Charger Port

This question is specifically for the CX CAS model of the TI-Nspire calculators.

The calculator is fully functioning except for the fact that it won't charge, unless the cord and charging port are aligned a certain way. It is not a problem with the cord, but with the charging port.

It seems that its contact points to the motherboard have been disconnected, as it has come loose and moves independently of the chassis, and only with luck can it be placed a certain way so that the calculator may charge. I would have to open it up and solder the contact points back to the motherboard, but I don't have the tools nor the know-how to do it.

I tried looking for ways to just charge the battery itself, since it can be easily removed with a Phillips screw driver, but haven't found the parts that would fit just yet. Any way to be able to charge it up would be appreciated.

I have a question, do you know if the little led beside the charger port isn't supposed to glow because of the newest update (it used to when i was at version 3.(...) but then it stopped when i updated to version 4.4.0.532?

if you are able to wire a charger (cut the end that is pluged into it ) to the battery and it should charge it. If this doesn't work then you can get a samsung video camera charger

zedmunoz will be eternally grateful.