HP Laptops designed for home and home office use.

Keyboard not working after water spill

I spilled about a qaurter of a cup on my numbad on my right side of the laptop, i dried out 90 per ent of the water, flipped the laptop, left it for 5 hours, i open it, everything works a-okay, but after 30 mins to 1 hour, the keyboard stops working completely, i shut the pc down, restart it, it works but same thing again after an hour, and it keeps loopong..... all this happened today, and i need help with it.

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like either the keyboard has gone bad due to water or the motherboard has short circuited due to the water damage. Try connecting a USB keyboard and see if that works, if not it is more than likely the motherboard.

Problem is, i dont have a keyboard. Plus in 14 years old, and if my dad knew about this !&&* ban me from the pc, so i cant buy another one.. but i left it to dry some more, and it did the same thing but worked 5 minutes after breaking, so i immediately left it to dry in false hope it would fix itself, but a usb mouse and an audio jack headphone work perfectly, if you can respond that would be amazing, and thank you for paying me attention.

I also am experiencing a spill problem. Spilled Febreze and rubbing alcohol on it, only a small amount, its completely unresponsive. Down to using onscreen keyboard. HP Pavilion 17, Thank goodness it still boots to desktop. Looking into getting usb keyboard.

Gaming phantom will be eternally grateful.