A Windows 8 laptop series by Acer with Intel Core i3 or i5 CPU.

Laptop won't turn on or charge.

So my laptop was on about 10% and so i plug the charger when i plugged the charger the laptop turned off itself and wont even charge. it was perfectly working last night and i dont know whats the problem..someone help me what to do?

Model: Acer Aspire V5-431

If you have another charger lying around try it. Sounds like the charger may have malfuntioned.

Hi. Disconnect the charger. Now take out the battery and plug the charger back in. See if the laptop will now boot from the charger. If it does, then you need to buy a new battery. Don't run the laptop for too long from just the charger as it can damage the charger.

My laptop won't turn on but it's still charging. What should I do?

Model: Aspire V5-132P

Maybe the motherboard got short circuit.

why would plugging in the charger short circuit the motherboard??

I ask because exactly the same thing happened to me, and no amount of suggestions and nothing I did made it turn on again. I gave up and sadly it remains gone. But was the issue with the charger? or a faulty circuit? or something else???

Tashia Holland will be eternally grateful.