LCD connector dead or bent?

Good day everyone.

I have been replacing the battery on my phone, nothing difficult or unknown.

When the time came to reassemble, the digitizer flex couldn't get into place, but eventually I slotted it in.

On boot up, before finishing body reassembly, horizontal lines were noticeable and when booted the status bar portion was unresponsive.

Suspecting a loose connection I turned the phone off and tried to resit the flex cables one by one. After that I noticed that horizontal lines went away if I tilted the screen to side of volume buttons. Trying to determine the culprit, I flexed the cables a little, and also unscrewed and screwed back the earpiece and its housing.

Lo and behold, now the screen is black on boot. Backlight still works.

Have I damaged the cables? They look fine visually.

Ok, so I tested a different display assembly and it worked fine. I swapped the LCD in the end. Sorry to see the original part go, but it had suffered its fair share from a swollen battery and bent frame.

Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to swap flex cables, as I think the fault is in them.

Have you tried a force restart?

How to Force Restart an iPhone 5

I did. The phone boots up normally, nothing a reboot could fix, the fault is in the hardware

tohaklim will be eternally grateful.