Stop sign at boot-up MacBook Pro late 2011
My Macbook pro has two hard drives : one SSD for boot up and software and the original disk to hold data. The update was 18 months ago and worked fine until now. It has 16GB of ram.
My Mac started acting out about ten days ago:
- At first the Mac got stuck on a spinning wheel while using it
- I turned it off manually. At boot up it would take very long for the start-up bar to load until the stop sign appears
- I thought the disk cable was acting out, I tried the "tape" trick which worked for 2 minutes but then back to normal
- I replaced the hard drive cable for a brand new one. It worked for a day
- Now I get the stop sign again at boot up
Failed disk? Should I just replace it? Disk utility says both hard drives are fine. Hardware tests at boot up say everything is fine. It doesn't boot now.
I managed to get it started again. It had a software update. That seems to have solved it.
Is this a good question?