Where to order (buy) replacement capacitor?

I'm working an iMac G5 which has a problem on booting process. When turn it ON, it displays a folder with a flashing logo similar to the logo of MIGRATING ASSISTANCE and a question mark. At first I suspected that either the Mac OS is corrupt or HDD problem.

I tried using the diagnostic CD but it won't run, also tried to boot using system installation CD to run disk utility but still it won't boot. The last thing I did is to open the iMac and found out that it has 3-5 capacitor that popped. Maybe this is the problem and I want to replace them.

Could you describe which capacitors they are, or possibly put up a picture of which capacitors they are? This may determine how easy they are to replace, and where to get them from.

If you look at previous posts i awnsered and google it, it is quite common

The value of the capacitor is 1800 micro farad, 6.3V. Have a anyone had the idea where to buy this component.

This is the best place I've found for information on the iMac G5 capacitor issues, it includes which capacitors you'll need. I've ordered their sets before and received good service: http://jimwarholic.com/2008/07/how-to-re...

Most Helpful Answer

This site seems to sell that capacitor and have them in stock. Alternatively, this site also seems to normally sell them, but they're out of stock at the moment. You could also request more here.

+ for research

guys, do you need to take the motherboard out, to test the caps? on my one, it looks like none of them is popped...everyone of them looks normal to me. how to test them with multimeter? do i need to do it from the other side, where contacts are?

try in here it is thre best so far

http://www.instructables.com/id/Imac-G5-...

TheCapKing.com carries these at The best prices and fastest shipping Online, shipping is free and no min buys as well.

Cled Tayamen will be eternally grateful.