A portable e-book reader developed by Amazon. Repair is straightforward and requires only prying tools and screwdrivers.

My kindle isn't switching on?

Normally when I open the case my Paperwhite automatically switches on but not today!! I've also tried pressing the on button at the bottom but still to no avail :-( it looks like it's frozen and I don't know how to rectify it. Any help much appreciated.

Brilliant, thank you so much, it looks like resetting has fixed the problem. I don't know what I'd do without my Kindle.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Ladybugs,

Can't say l know what the problem is with your Kindle but if as you say it won't turn on you probably need to reset it. I found the following info on the Amazon site.

Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Beware: if you reset your Kindle you will lose all your downloads. If you have all your content on your Amazon account you can easily download it again should this happen. Let me know how you go.

There is lots more troubleshooting info on the Amazon site.

My interest, I also own a paperwhite Kindle.

ladybugs will be eternally grateful.