Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

How to Reformat and Back-up

I am using a Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2012.

It's on kernel panic, the downloading of my El Capitan failed. The Apple store here in the Philippines said that they have to reformat it which costs PHP 2,500 or USD 53. Since that amount is too much for me, as a student, maybe you can help me reformat it on my own. :) I would be forever grateful!

Thank you!

What happened? EL Capitan Error - Help. Can you fill us in what you did and what you had problems with.

To start your computer from Recovery, restart your Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hello guys! I finally recovered my laptop on my own. Lol. What I did is I took the hard drive of my laptop, put it on a HDD SATA Enclosure then connect it to a Mac OS then tadaaa, you can start copying our files from there. :) Then with the bootable USB, downloading it straight from the Recovery Mode didn't help anything at all. What I did is I downloaded a Yosemite Bootable thru torrent. Yep! I've never even thought that it's possible! Goodluck! :)

Grems Flores will be eternally grateful.