Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Why is my screen black?

I've had my Philips LCD 47PFL7432D/37 for 8 years. Never had a problem, then the other day I put on my TV, it was on for several minutes, then it just went black. The sounds still works, and the backlight (ambilight) still work perfectly, but no picture at all.

I've done a little research and I've seen some that say it's the inverter board gone bad, and other that say it's the T-CON board.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Justin, it is possible that you have issues with the power supply, like bad caps etc. After that you may have issues with the main board, and last could be a panels failure. You will have to take the back off and take a look (as well as post some high res images with your question) at the board for some obvious damage. Sure it could be the inverter, but I'd put that on the bottom of my list right there with the T-con board. Let us see and know what you find.

Justin will be eternally grateful.