The Roku 3 (Model: 4200) is a third generation streaming device released on March 5, 2013. Connect to any television or video display with correct input connections to stream available content.

Why won't my remote connect to my Roku 3?

My remote won't connect to my Roku 3. I tried new batteries and moved it closer to the device, and I still can't get it to work.

Tried everything batteries -sink- button- would not work. tred turn of wifi and it worked.On my phone to worked. even did undo power. remote would not quit blink on sink.

Is the status light on the Roku ON? If not have you got the power adapter plugged in and ON?

If the status light on the front of your Roku player flashes once each time you

press a remote button, the problem is not with the remote.

If it does not flash have you tried re- pairing your remote with the Roku unit?

Pairing your remote control:

You can manually pair the Roku remote by following these steps:

(Pairing button in battery compartment)

Prepare your Roku player to pair by unplugging the

power adapter and plugging it back in.

Open the Roku remote battery compartment

Place the Roku remote in close proximity with your Roku

player.

Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery

compartment for 3 seconds.

Wait about 10 seconds for the remote LED to stop

flashing.

Try using the Roku remote again.

If only that worked, it would be great. Having tried all the solutions offered here and on other sites, the only thing that ever seemed to work was leaving out the batteries for a month.

Paired automatically when I inserted batteries, but lost it when I restarted the Roku3 device itself.

I will learn the lesson and never reset again. Remote now has a brand new set of batteries waiting for it - in a month.

Roku tells me that the newer remotes(with earphone jack) are wifi and not IR like most remotes. You can't have more than one wifi remote, but you can use an IR remote with a wifi one. Why would anyone design such a 'feature'?

No pairing button on my newest remote.

if the problem isnt the remote, what is it? my light comes on, then if i push anything it flashes. it worked the last time i used it, now nothing.

The green light on my remote just keeps flashing; it never pairs with the Roku stick it was once paired with. I can control the stick with the iPhone app but not the Roku remote.

Same issue but straight out of the box, tried using pairing button but nothing

The green light on my remote just keeps flashing; it never pairs with the Roku 3 it was once paired with. I can control the roku3 with the iPhone app but not the Roku remote .?

The light on my Roku 4 flashes purple and it will not pair.

I thought my remote had simply stopped working and then discovered it wasn't bust but I had the same problem with it refusing to pair. Eventually after a lot of failed attempts I noticed that the enhanced remote connects using wireless rather than infra red, so I tried connecting my Roku to my router wirelessly instead of via ethernet cable and voila - it now works perfectly again!

Kasey Evans will be eternally grateful.