The Roku 3 (Model: 4200) is a third generation streaming device released on March 5, 2013. Connect to any television or video display with correct input connections to stream available content.

Why won't my remote connect to my Roku 3?

My remote won't connect to my Roku 3. I tried new batteries and moved it closer to the device, and I still can't get it to work.

Tried everything batteries -sink- button- would not work. tred turn of wifi and it worked.On my phone to worked. even did undo power. remote would not quit blink on sink.

I too had the same problem. I replaced the batteries, its failed so I tried another one method that is I place the remote on the hard non-flammable surface and I allowed it to be cool, it works and another one simple method is I tried to connect the Roku3 device with wifi. And I got the reference from this link also https://www.rokucodelink.com

For quick solution to roku remote problems refer the blog https://www.setuproku.com/how-to-resolve...

Is the status light on the Roku ON? If not have you got the power adapter plugged in and ON?

If the status light on the front of your Roku player flashes once each time you

press a remote button, the problem is not with the remote.

If it does not flash have you tried re- pairing your remote with the Roku unit?

Pairing your remote control:

You can manually pair the Roku remote by following these steps:

(Pairing button in battery compartment)

Prepare your Roku player to pair by unplugging the

power adapter and plugging it back in.

Open the Roku remote battery compartment

Place the Roku remote in close proximity with your Roku

player.

Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery

compartment for 3 seconds.

Wait about 10 seconds for the remote LED to stop

flashing.

Try using the Roku remote again.

If only that worked, it would be great. Having tried all the solutions offered here and on other sites, the only thing that ever seemed to work was leaving out the batteries for a month.

Paired automatically when I inserted batteries, but lost it when I restarted the Roku3 device itself.

I will learn the lesson and never reset again. Remote now has a brand new set of batteries waiting for it - in a month.

Roku tells me that the newer remotes(with earphone jack) are wifi and not IR like most remotes. You can't have more than one wifi remote, but you can use an IR remote with a wifi one. Why would anyone design such a 'feature'?

Most Helpful Answer

I See that many people have this issue and i think i just had the same issue yesterday with my roku player .

Here is How I fix the Issue -

1- First Understand the kind of remote you have (standard Or Enhanced)

2-remove the cabnet ,Take off the battery wait for 30 secounds and put it back .

3- restart your roku device and Try that again see if that works

For Further Troubleshooting Reset the Roku remote using the pairing key and Pair it again .

Read Fix Roku Remote Not Working Issue

On the Other hand if nothing works please install the Roku app and start using it as Your Roku Remote as this feature comes with all new roku players .

i am Hopeful this Will Help You solve the issue with your roku device.

I thought my remote had simply stopped working and then discovered it wasn't bust but I had the same problem with it refusing to pair. Eventually after a lot of failed attempts I noticed that the enhanced remote connects using wireless rather than infra red, so I tried connecting my Roku to my router wirelessly instead of via ethernet cable and voila - it now works perfectly again!

Thank you for leaving this post. This has been driving me crazy, and that was the problem. Now I'm back to having Roku stomp on all my wifi traffic. Seems like it's a catch 22. Why can't I have a wifi remote but use a wired connection for internet?

I agree, it seems perverse that it has to be wireless between the router and the Roku as well as the router and the remote. I would have thought that the router could simply pass the signal on to the Roku via the ethernet connection. Unless, of course, it uses some kind of direct wifi connection that does not go through the router at all but straight from the remote to the Roku.

same here :)

What's really annoying is that Roku hasn't fixed this bug with an update, and anytime you try to talk about this problem, they throw the pairing instructions at you. Just want my Roku 4 to have a working remote and an ethernet connection.

No pairing button on my newest remote.

if the problem isnt the remote, what is it? my light comes on, then if i push anything it flashes. it worked the last time i used it, now nothing.

The green light on my remote just keeps flashing; it never pairs with the Roku stick it was once paired with. I can control the stick with the iPhone app but not the Roku remote.

Same issue but straight out of the box, tried using pairing button but nothing

The green light on my remote just keeps flashing; it never pairs with the Roku 3 it was once paired with. I can control the roku3 with the iPhone app but not the Roku remote .?

The light on my Roku 4 flashes purple and it will not pair.

I had the same problems as others. My remote just quit working as i was watching tv. I tried to pair it and it didn't work. Finally I got it to work and pair like it was supposed. I have the roku 3 setup using wifi. So what i done was unplug my wifi box and left it off for few seconds and plugged the power back in. And once the wifi internet starting working again, my roku started pairing with the enhanced remote i had and paired itself once again. Now it works. YAY

I have the same problem as others, I recently bought it, I this one is refurbished, nevertheless , the remote don not make the handshake with the direct wifi of the roku, so i can not set up properly, so i have a piece of junk that i can not use. any suggesition besides to go for claimed warranty

I had this same problem with a Roku 3 refurb. I used an IR remote to set up the Roku then updated it then the WiFi remote was able to pair. IR remotes are cheap on eBay.

I solved this by getting Apple TV. No pairing issues any more. Roku 3 is in the trash.

Download Webroot Secureanywhere Antivirus Protection and protect your PC against harmful viruses and malware. Full protection antivirus security at an affordable price. visit herefor more information.

Activate Your Devices. Activate Your Devices . Activating HBO GO on multiple devices; activating/deactivating HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick click herefor further informtions

To activate Hulu Plus on your device, either use the on-screen keyboard to enter your Hulu log in information or go to visit hereand enter the device activation code. Either of these methods will allow you to use Hulu on any Hulu-supported device

[http://mcafeecom-activate.services|McAfee] have the complete set of features which can protect your digital online offline computing devices that increase the speed with inbuilt PC Optimization tool.

My screen on my TV is stuck on the main menu and I have new version of da roku. My light is on but my roku remote won't work

You can try the following solutions in order to fix a '''Roku com link''' device remote.

Solution 1: Clearing Signal Blockage

Solution 2: Resetting the batteries

Solution 3: Replace the batteries

Solution 4: Restart your device and the Remote

Solution 5: Re-Pair the Remote

Solution 6: Replacing the Batteries

Kasey Evans will be eternally grateful.