First generation Bose SoundLink Mini released on July 1, 2013. The device weighs 1.5 pounds and has a Bluetooth range of 30 feet.

My SoundLink Mini isn't turning on!

I plugged it in to the outlet, but it still won't turn on! Do I have to get a new one, or am I doing something wrong?

So all the above was my situation too so whilst plugged in to attempt updating the firmware I called technical support. The informed me the device is under warranty they have collected it taken it to Belgium for free repair update and modification

Absolutely cannot get mine to work. Visited a Bose shop and they were clueless and offered no help - just suggested buying another. No chance - avoid this product like the plague! Will never buy Bose again.

I have gone through 3 -- same problem!!

Dont buy it!

I plugged mine in and three lights turn just the power says it's not charging???

Mine won't turn on either, is this a bad product?

1. Make sure your speaker is plugged into a working AC socket.

2. Check the connections between your speaker and the power adaptor.

3. Make sure you are using the power adaptor supplied with your speaker upon purchase.

4. If you are using a surge protector, check to see if it is working properly.

5. If you still cant get your speaker to turn on you may have a faulty power adaptor.

6. If your speaker is not charged or used within a 14 day period it with enter protection mode. Connect the speaker to the AC power adaptor to fix this issue.

7. Make sure the battery has sufficient charge to power on the speaker.

What is the significance of using the adapter that came with the soundlink? Will a regular mini usb with ac adaptor not work?

@gabrielcklein Using an outside AC adaptor will most likely work, but to ensure that the adaptor is not the problem, it is preferred to use the Bose adaptor supplied. However, that should not stop you from using both if you have two. You might be able to test if one of the AC adaptors is not working.

this will make it go on but not fix the issue. see below my post for the fix. it needs an update.

Too much money and it won't turn on, I haven't had it a year and it's not working.

Most Helpful Answer

They have a software update for them. Go to http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/w...

download it and fallow the directions, it will update your unit and the problem will be fixed. It enters shipping mode if its not turned on for a wile. I have the same speaker and had the same problem. Did the update and its all good now. Mine updated from 1.1.3.something to 1.1.4.something

good luck

Thank you very much! It helps and works perfectly!

hi my mini speaker flashes red when i put it on its charging dock but wont turn on or do anything . iv tried the update but it isent working on my speaker, wont even start the process as isent doing anything

@ dawnwhyt. I spoke to a tech on the phone and here is the solution when your set is not charging/coming on; hold down the multi function button (middle button), plug in to power, keep holding for at least 10 seconds! unplug power source while still holding and then release button. plug in again and you should see it begins to charge.

I did that still got flashing LED and wot charge.... If I hold the mute button it goes green on the led to then defers back to red again !!! So fed up

I'm having the same problem, my speaker won't turn on. When i connect it to AC power (original adapter SLM II ) i get nothing, just the blinking red light. I tried the holding down the multifunction button method just now and after a while the blinking light goes yellow/green, but that's about it. It still won't turn on :'(

I was having an issue where, not only could I not get the speaker to power on, but when placing it on the adapter (to resolve 'protection mode' issue) the speaker chimed the sound indicating charging, but no LED lights would illuminate to indicate that it was in fact charging. It would chime again when removed from the adapter, but would not turn on either way.

I fixed it by doing a hard reset as recommended by BOSE troubleshooting:

Hold mute button for 5 seconds (if successful, LEDs will flash- mine did)>Press power button to turn on.

Note: Bose advises you may have to re-pair devices after performing this reset. This was not necessary for me.

Hope this helps!

this is a perfect solution - thanks. MUTE Button... works!!

Mine keeps blinking red and I charged it for four hours and it still won't turn on after... it won't turn on even when it's plugged in. But I've done step 2 and some lights turn on and the batt is yellow, then when I try to turn it on it still won't.

Is it a problem with the battery or the entire thing needs to be changed? Is it advisable to remove the battery and plug it in to see if it still works without it? Ive had mine for 2 years and I don't use it all the time so maybe it's why it went into "protective mode" or something

Need insights on what to do. Thank you!

Is it because of the size of the battery or because it charges slowly. My father has one, he charged it but it doesn't turn on. Does it need a better charger or a new battery or what?

Connect it to the PC.. update the software from the Bose website

I had the same issue with my Bose mini 1st generation and this happened when it ran out of battery same day of using it. So there is No lights (red,yellow or green) on even when it's on the cradle or directly plug in to ac outlet (Considering the ac adapter and cradle has working status / power), because each time you plug and unplug it, it has a sound thingi..

Ok now - The solution I did while it's PLUG in:

1) Press and Hold Power button for 15 sec (no worries even if you will not see any lights on)-this is the Reset.

2) Press and Hold Mute button for about 15 sec (you will see couple lights will turn on as an indicator your Bose is not busted)

3) Now Press the power (just 1 sec) and bingo!..power lights indicator comes on either a yellow or red (it needs charging). Mine had a blinking yellow.

Seems it went to a protective mode or something

Note: I did this a few times by experimenting and combining 1 and 2 simultaneously.

I hope this helps! Good luck guys!

Need insights on what to do. Thank you!

Melowi- Mine had a blinking Red at one point, but I proceeded with my experiment. Some say the battery is going dead when you see its constantly blinking red after hours of charging.

"Ok now - The solution I did while it's PLUG in:

3) Now Press the power (just 1 sec) and bingo!..power lights indicator comes on either a yellow or red (it needs charging). Mine had a blinking yellow."

Need insights on what to do. Thank you!

This worked for me. Thank you very much. I should updated it as well, I suppose.

Worked like a charm. I had a similar problem with my Soundlink mini and the update worked. Thanks

when i connect mine to the pc , noting happen, the pc cant see the speaker so no updates can be installed

Same here! Just a red flashing light - charger itself is ok.

Reset with the mute button doesn't resolve the problem here. USB link is not even active for updating firmware. This piece of junk is now an expensive door stopper. I'll buy Chinese in future.

I hope this helps! Good luck guys!

I bouthg it couple if days ago. It does not work at all. I have tried all tricks mention in here, but nothing happens. Software is updated to last version.

A weird thing, when i do the reset with the multifunction button and then press twice the power bottom holding all the time, it connects to bluetooh and works, but sound is awfull. Still battery dont charge and if turn it off, i havento repeat all over again. This very expensive speaker is just a piece of $@$* and the company Bose is a thiefer. How come this issue is from many years ago with no solution. I will make sure to publish this in all social networks, Bose is a thief. Their products bullshit. I am very upset cause I broke my ass working hard just to give money to these thiefers

You must send it to service. I had the same flashing red problem and the service told me it was the motherboard and it was a common problem. I tried before all the stuff here and nothing worked. I paid here in romania about 50 euros.

My SoundLink Mini (first version) does not have the battery running. Can it run without battery?

Chris Martinez will be eternally grateful.