Repair guides and support for the 3rd generation of Chevy G-Series vans. Similar vans were produced under the GMC brand. Both used suspension and steering parts from GM's C-series pickup trucks.

Why is my g20 6.2 diesel getting stuck at 25mph(wot)

My 1985 Chevy g20 6.2 diesel it's consistently not letting me go past 25mph unless I go down a hill it's then shifting into the gear after 25 mph and I can drive it in that gear the whole way to wot 85mph. But obviously if I come to a stop. I will be stuck at 25mph. Its a 700r4 with 198k always maintained as far as fluids and what not. Took across country no probable but when I returned my instrument cluster shorted out had to replace the board on it . It still blows fuses but not as instantly as it was if I'm setting still I can throw a fuse in the gauge fuse opening and see how much fuel I have however when I start it up and put it in reverse of turn the wheel it blows the fuse. Not sure if there's a relation to that and the getting stuck at 25mph but thought I'd add that in there. Please help thank you!

So in a more simple way it is that it is stuck at 25 on flat roads and up hills wide open but if I have enough of a hill to make my van drift catch 36mph til shift into the next gear and I can hold that gear as long as no cars or stops get in my way but around here misty city so it's always less then 36mph.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Sounds like a faulty transmission... I recommend taking it to a certified mechanic or machine shop like Aamco (not sure if that specific mechanic is near you, though), have them give it a good diagnosis.

overlandwill9 will be eternally grateful.