Repair guides and support for 21.5" Intel iMacs by Apple.

T10 Screws Replacement on 21.5" 2011 iMac Hard Drive Bay

I recently replaced my HDD (slightly prematurely, but understandably deceased) on my 21.5" 2011 iMac with an ssd. I lost one of the T10 screws that hold the drive to the upper part of the bay.

Right now I use a T8 screw to hold it in place. Will it hold? I call most computer shops and hardware stores in the area and they don't seem to carry any (It's basically in the middle of nowhere where I live - I had to order parts and stuff for the upgrade from a shop 50 miles away). I can order from eBay or Amazon but I would rather not since it's such a small order and I don't really need anything else.

Also, what is a good replacement? The store nearest to me have philips screws (not sure what size)

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Reed

That is an unusual screw with the long shank and short threads. But it is a standard hard drive screw thread. Get a long hard drive screw and use a washer. It's also a poorly made screw. The guide says it's a T8 but mine shows to be a T9. But it's the threads that are important. I looked in my boxes of screws and saw nothing like this.

Would that be 6-32 x 9mm screws?

Thank you,

Reed

Reed240 will be eternally grateful.