This model was released years ago and continues to be produced. The disassembling is straightforward as long as you follow the instructions.

Why will trimmer not turn off after contact with water?

After using trimmer head came into contact with water. It came on and will not turn off.

I haven't the slightest clue why. Must be something to do with the moisture on the switch and electrical conductivity. plugging it in and taking it out may override the connection. However, this is iffy, disassembling and re-assembling unit did not help either. seems that it will correct itself after drying out.

Because the design is bad. Likely a floating input pin to the microcontroller. I disassembled it and found out that just by touching the switch solder pads, it can turn itself on or off.

I went through two of these things and both had the same behavior. I don't want to reverse engineer it, so I will likely just redesign the whole electronics.

dellmar95 will be eternally grateful.