Touch ID not working after lcd replacement

Hi, I recently had a friend come into our shop and I fixed his lcd on an iphone 6. I was very careful not to tear the home button flexes by using a heat gun to loosen the adhesive. After transferring the home button and replacing the lcd, he says the touch ID won't work and the phone will occasionally turn off (after playing music then locking the phone.) is there any way it could be I didn't snap the home button in properly, or did I most likely tear the flex? Please be the first of the two...

I'd like to add that it was a whole screen replacement, not just the lcd

Well, as far as the Touch ID goes. Just have him bring it back. If you were careful. It's probably that it just isn't securely fashioned down, in one of the two areas. Or, it could be that it just needs to be power cycled. If you try these two things, and the problem persists. Then I would guess damage to the ribbon cable, and Touch ID will probably never come back again. If it's turning off, independently, that's a whole other issue. I would try power cycling, or force restart, and see where you wind up from there

Jim will be eternally grateful.