The fifth Google Nexus phone. Officially announced on October 31, 2013, it sports a 4.95" 1080p display, a 2.26 GHz Snapdragon processor, and LTE support. Powered by Android 4.4.2, KITKAT. Manufactured by LG.

Nexus 5 no display but everything else works

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me :(

My phone, nexus 5, just went blank the other day.

The screen won't display anything at all, it's just black everytime. Tried restarting for many times. Tried reseating all wires connection whatnot for more than ten times, yes I am desperate :(

Could some of you guys somehow help me?

What needs to be fixed?

I am in a country where Nexus phones are not supported so I can't just bting this to be fixed somewhere :(

Thank you!

As James Soulsby had said, I tried shining my device while on under a very bright light and I see very faint image of the os, so it is indeed the lcd :(

Now what do I need to replace? The whole lcd assembly?

Thanks for answering guys, I am really desperate to fix this :( I currently have no phone to use :(

This could be a damaged\faulty screen or a component responsible for the backlight may have failed. If it is the backlight sometimes if you shine a torch on the screen you can see a really faint image.

wow, thanks! I would try it later to check if it indeed has a really faint image.

Thanks a lot! :D

I am not 100% familiar with the Nexus 5 but if the backlight has gone then changing the screen won't fix it. It normally requires replacing the failed component on the motherboard.

H James, thank hou very much for helping me, atleast I know now what needs to be fixed, thank you very much! :)

James Seelin will be eternally grateful.