MacBook Pro models with a 15" display

What value capacitor on the back of the board

I have a water damaged board and first thing I noticed that the LVDS connector has burn marks as is the cable. apart from that I found a blown capacitor on the back-just above the left fan connector and right bellow KABA4. Can someone give me the values and maybe a schematic to where it connects?

MacBook Pro A 1286 820-2915-B

Thank you oldturkey03. the pad that is missing took the track with it so I cannot find a common point to it. Would you have a schematic for the fuse, where it connects from/to, as I need to find 2 different points to connect the fuse across.

mihuela, sorry it's not a capacitor. That is your Backlight fuse.

Reference designator F9700 which is a 3A 32V fuse in a 603 package.

Since it will take quite a short circuit to blow that fuse, you most certainly want to ensure that there are no other issues with it. First place I'd be looking at is the LVDS connector.

Thank you so much! At last I have something to start with!

Also I have added 2 more pictures with the LVDS connector and cable which I need to replace as well.

Do you think I should check for anything else? For the fuse can you see one of the pads is missing. Can a new pad be reattached, or is there another point I can connect the fuse to that is common to that pad?

You need to check with a multimeter set to ohms range as to where the traces run. One side seems to go to that silver circle and those smd components and the other goes under that 12 pin sop chip. Your cheapest option is to link to the nearest trace and then glue it down with some conformal coating.

OK, I'll try that. Thank you. Do you think anything else other than the fuse and LVDS needs to be checked/replaced?

Check both sides of the fuse with the ohm meter that neither end is shorted to ground, because if it is then the replacement fuse will blow too. Check it with the LVDS cable plugged in as well as there may be a short at the other end of the cable. ie a water damaged component that caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

Nice one.Thank you. I will keep everyone posted with the results.

mihulea will be eternally grateful.