Repair guides and support for videocassette recorders including Betamax and VHS (Video Home System) players.

VCR won't load cassette. Cassette doesn't drop down when pushing it in.

I have a Toshiba V-804G VCR that no longer loads cassettes. I removed the lid, and can see that when I push in the cassette, it doesn't go down all the way. The gears of the white part on the right in picture 2 turn and make noise, but don't seem to do anything. The mechanism at the arrow tip in picture 4 doesn't go down around the corner as it should to drop the cassette into place.

We've had this VCR for a long time, and I'd like to get it working again, especially because it can play both PAL and NTSC tapes, and we have quite a selection of both.

Any repair tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I speak English and German.

rickfilms, check the loading motor sensors etc. See if this will help to get started:

Hey, it's possible that the mechanism skipped when unloading the last time, this means that things are happing at the wrong time. Does it sound as if it is jamming? the other thing to check is if there is a belt drive below it, I know they stopped using belts for this use, but maybe this one has one in there.

When faced with this I would have turned off the power and manually turn the small wheel to see when it stops, that is another this ti t ry.

Good luck

Rickfilms will be eternally grateful.