4 inch display / Available in a variety of colors / Released in 3 different models / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Motherboard overheating after camera repair

Recently a customer brought in an ipod 5th gen for screen repair. During the repair the front facing camera was broken and needed to be replaced. I have re-soldered the camera and reattached the lcd but now the device won't turn on. I have tried holding the power and home buttons to no effect. I have checked the solder connections and they look fine, however when I plug in the charging cable the device heats up right around the contact points for the front facing camera. Could the battery need to be replaced? Nothing seems out of order other than the motherboard getting extremely hot in the center. Is there hope for this repair, or do I need to tell the customer her device is dead. Any help is appreciated.

problematic520, does not sound like a battery issue at all. It does sound like an issue with the repair. Remove the camera and see what happens.

I removed the camera and I found that some of the old camera's pads were still soldered on under the new cam. I'm waiting for a new camera to arrive to replace it. It turns on now! Thank you!

problematic520 will be eternally grateful.