Also known as EOS 600D and released in March 2011, this camera can be identified by its SKU (SKU:5169BO32). This camera is a Canon Digital SLR with 18 megapixels.

Why won't my device turn on?

My device is currently turned off, and no matter what I do it will not turn on. How can I fix this?

I also have this issue. I have checked all three of my batteries and made sure they were charged. My camera still will not turn on. I then tried to rule out whether it was a battery issue to begin with by plugging it into a wall outlet battery and still no power. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I tried using four different batteries and it still won't turn on. What should I do?

Your battery might be damaged or dead. Try removing your battery and charging it. Make sure the battery is fully charged before re-inserting it into the camera. If you're still having issues, you might need to replace your battery. Check out this troubleshooting guide for more information.

If the battery itself is working, it may be either the battery door or the SD card door. Each has a small switch that if not activated when the door is closed, the camera will not operate, and appear "dead". My camera had a small plastic "pin" on the door designed to activate the door when closed and this pin had been broken off.

You can check the switches if you know the battery is good. Just turn on the camera with the battery inserted and use a small screwdriver to activate both switches. Keep in mind that both doors have to be shut with the switches activated to allow the camera to turn on.

This is a well known "issue".

Great idea, Tony. I feel silly of not thinking about this before.

Can you give some pointers (or a picture?) of where are these switches located or something like that?

I completely charged my camera battery and it still won't turn on, my camera just refuses to turn on.

Jeffrey Miller will be eternally grateful.