This is the first generation of Amazon Fire TV, released on April 2, 2014. It is a powerful media streaming and gaming device that allows the user to stream digital audio/video content to a high-definition television as well as play video games.

Why won't my Amazon Fire TV remote work?

The remote for my Amazon Fire TV is not working. How can I fix it?

I bought a remote trying to pair up with amazon fire box but it does not recognize how can pair them is there ant way I can do it

Hey frank first download Amazon fire controller app onto phone; then pair it with device; put code shown on screen when it is given into phone; after it is paired search for ES Task Manager app; download it from Amazon App Store it can be found under utiliys; once downloaded open it ASAP; Once there inside the app you will see a white page with four boxes; if you have a blue tooth mouse please take the Bluetooth adapter and plug it into the back as it will make the next step a lot easier; tap on the (POWER OPTIMIZER) box bottom symbol (>) there u will be taken to another page; on the next page named on top (WIRELESS) you will see 4 options turn on each one except the GPS and once you have done this you remote should start working immediately!!! If it doesn't it's because u somehow mistreated it otherwise it should work cause it happened to me and I did every stupid suggestion give and then I stumbled onto this and got it back working!!!

I was ready to crush my fire TV remote. Did a search and found this post. Downloaded the app for my Iphone and perfection! Thank you for posting your suggestion of using the Iphone app. My suggestion is to reduce the clutter on your coffee table and discarding the fire stick remote. The iPhone remote app works flawlessly.

My iPhone 6 with the Fotestock app keeps dropping the app and I cannot get it functioning again unless I unplug power from the FireStick dongle and start over. Any ideas?

I just had the same issue. I attempted all suggestions possible and nothing was working. I randomly held the home button down for several seconds and the firestick said a new remote had been added for the device. The firestick remote now works.

The device's remote might not be working for many reasons. First, you need to make sure the batteries have charge. The next probable cause might be that the spring that touches the battery's negative terminal is stuck. If your remote control still doesn't work after that, maybe there is something wrong with the contacts between the button panel and the motherboard, or the motherboard itself has some kind of damage. Check out this troubleshooting page: Fire TV Device Troubleshooting

You'll probably find the solution there!

Amazon Fire TV Remote Motherboard Image

Trying to re-pair after unplugging and resetting, did not work for me.

The remote has never been dropped, has new batteries...

Haven't used it for a while, and it worked the last time I used it.

Now it just won't.

Any other suggestions ???

new batteries what are the buttons to re start

I have the same problem with BOTH my firesticks with remotes not working. I have the remotes with the voice option. They worked for a month or so and I didn't use them that much. I have the small stick that you put on the back of the TV. 2 of them. Now both firesticks ignore the remotes. I have tried everything. New batteries etc.... Luckily one of my TVs has a remote that happens to also control the firestick on that one TV.

These remotes with voice are junk.

I just got back after a week of vacation and it's doing the same thing as Grace above me. Just doesn't do anything. The only thing that changed was the name of my network but it won't allow me to select when it says go to internet settings. Just sits frozen then goes to screen saver.

My Fire remote would not work so I shut the TV off for about a minute and when I turned it back on, the Fire Stick reset itself and the menu appeared as usual. Maybe this will help someone if their remote just stops working (and won't even show the Fire stick menu)

Most Helpful Answer

Sometimes Found this and it worked. Yay!

Fire TV Quick Tips

Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remote into pair mode.

Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device.

Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in.

I hope this helps you and hopefully fixes your Fire TV issues.

what are the setting to re start remote

what are the play buttons

My fire stick remote stopped working disconnected kodi stick from back of tv

Then reconnected it

I then used my Samsung tv remote to access fire stick went to settings ( control and Bluetooth devices) scrolled down to ( other devices ) scrolled down to add Bluetooth device kodie stick then search for the remote

All done and working

Amazon said to hold the home button but on a newer device holding the select button down for 5 - 10 seconds fixed my problem, which was the remote needing to be paired again

My firestick starts goes to homescreen, but won't allow me to navigate, it then goes into screensaver mode, so my question is.... Do I hold the home button for 5/10 seconds and wait for 2minutes or does the fact the screensaver is running mean it didn't work?

Press the Menu + Left (directional key) + Back buttons at once for 10 seconds.

These are the steps for factory resetting of remote.

After that is done the remote will pair with fire Tv device.

If the remote doesn't pair automatically, press and hold the Home button for at least five seconds to make it discoverable so the device can try pairing again.

Note that the pairing will make the remote inactive for 2 minutes while in pairing mode. Removing the batteries will not shorten this inactive time.

Finally, this is what I have been trying to find!

Does this reset the whole firestick? Or just the remote?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! This worked.

Great!!!!!it worked....Thanks.....

Baloney none of these work buy new one

My Amazon FireTV Remote quit working after not having used the device for a few months. Added new batteries, no change. Took a careful look inside the battery compartment and noticed some corrosion on the bottom contact (I assume from leaving the old batteries in too long?) Took a little steel wool and buffed the contact to get back to bare metal. Re-inserted new batteries and VOILA!, it works. Think I may start using rechargeable batteries in all my remotes to force me to open the compartments to inspect/replace batteries more often.

Worked!!!! Thanks brah!

Found this and it worked. Yay!

Fire TV Quick Tips

hi

some TV remotes functions work on amazon fire stick so you can access the fire stick

my fire stick did the same as yours

i got mine working make sure amazon remote is near TV with new battery's in

you can use tv remote keys .... arrow keys up/down ...left /right and centre button (enter) also exit button

my fire stick screen came on i scrolled down to settings using TV remote

then to controllers and bluetooth devices

within controllers and blue tooth devices scroll down to other blue tooth devices( enter)

then go to add bluetooth device it will search for you amazon hand set

should work mine did

I feel quite confident in saying that there is definitely a BIG

problem with the Amazon Fire Stick and the remote.

I am so sick of messing with this. Worked great out of the box.

I finally downloaded the firestick remote app onto my phone and am controlling

my firestick that way.

Stupid crap from Amazon.

The iPhone app works with everything except I can't get it to work with hbo now. The shows stop playing after my phone goes dark.

There are two ways:

1. Press and hold the HOME key with the remote facing the FireTV box and observe how the white indicator light blinks. You will notice it blinking slowly and then a little faster...that means it was trying to pair the remote and paired it. You will also get a notification on the screen (bottom right).

2. Download the FireTV remote app. You can pair it two ways - One by having both your mobile device and the FireTV box in the same network or by signing on your remote to your Amazon account (which the FireTV is configured with). Strangely, the app in the iPhone SE wouldn't let me signin, the signin button to the lower bottom of the screen is not clickable!!!!! I used an Android phone and it worked like a charm.

I did the 3 steps as per instructions, even though it didn't appear to be doing anything. I walked out of the room and back in a couple of minutes later and much to my surprise the fire stick was showing the home screen once again. Time will tell, but for now all seems to be working again.

Holding down 5 seconds like said above then restarting worked for me as well!!! Thanks!

I unplugged, let it sit for 15-20seconds, plugged back in, let it load and nothing. Walked away for a few minutes came back and it worked for me as well.

hi

my fire stick did the same as yours

should work mine did

first download Amazon fire controller app onto phone; then pair it with device; put code shown on screen when it is given into phone; after it is paired search for ES Task Manager app; download it from Amazon App Store it can be found under utiliys; once downloaded open it ASAP; Once there inside the app you will see a white page with four boxes; if you have a blue tooth mouse please take the Bluetooth adapter and plug it into the back as it will make the next step a lot easier; tap on the (POWER OPTIMIZER) box bottom symbol (>) there u will be taken to another page; on the next page named on top (WIRELESS) you will see 4 options turn on each one except the GPS and once you have done this you remote should start working immediately!!! If it doesn't it's because u somehow mistreated it otherwise it should work cause it happened to me and I did every stupid suggestion give and then I stumbled onto this and got it back working!!!

I had been trying for days then finally got it to work. Here is what I did:

Press & hold select for 5 sec

Press & hold both select & play for 5 sec

Unplug fire tv stick from both tv and power and leave it alone for 5 mins

Plug it back in, go to settings using mobile app and then add new remote. Press & hold home for 10 sec.

At this point Fire tv finally found my remote and paired with it.

Update: after calling amazon support and being hung up on 4 times the lady with an accent foreign to me states "I am sending you a new remote it will be there in 4 days" I wasn't happy. What happened to my prime delivery?

At any rate. I get this sleek shiny new remote still in it's crinkle wrap. I reset my fire tv stick just to make sure it's not still desperate to try and cling to the old remote (I might add my issues happened after I changed my internets network name so I couldn't use the iPhone app) Lo and behold. The remote still didn't work. I started button mashing in frustration instead of doing the "Home" tactic since that obviously didn't work, and BAM. It paired. No idea why or how but I still loathe it.

Hey Kenneth, you didn't have to reset just needed to delete any remotes in the settings. Of course changing internet network name is never a good thing to do... But !&&* when all else fails button pushing helps!!! Just try not doing that again! If u need future help feel free to ask I do not stop searching or fixing until I can give the right answer!!!

cory burke will be eternally grateful.

Past 24 Hours: 1,605