Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Can I replace a shattered glass screen without a digitizer replacement

I dropped my IPhone 6 on the top right corner onto concrete the other day getting it out of my pocket. The glass at that corner is gone and the screen has multiple cracks veining throughout the screen, but the entire screen is responsive which leads me to believe only the surface glass is damaged, not the actual touch screen. In fact, I'm asking this question with the phone and I am having no trouble. Is it possible for me to just get a replacement glass without paying $60-$70 on a new LCD/Digitizer/Glass combo? I just want to buy a $20 glass repair kit and simply replace the glass.

Most Helpful Answer

You can buy a $20 glass and $200 equipment to attempt this 30% success rate repair, your choice.

I realize you're trying to save money. However, unless you've done this a number of times, like Tom Chai said, you'll likely just break more things than you'll fix. Also, if you decide to save money on a display assembly, from a third party vendor. You'll also likely have more problems, down the road. Put the extra $10-$30 in, and you'll buy yourself some peace of mind

Here's a guide of how to put everything together, if you decide to go that route

iPhone 6 Plus Display Assembly Replacement

This is an iphone ? The top glass "IS" the digitizer (touchscreen) the LCD below it just displays the picture

Oscar Urquiaga will be eternally grateful.