This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

My phone won't charge

I plugged my phone up to three different chargers still no charge

customers suck no help at all

i dont have a zte max i have a tracfone zte

My phone won't charge

check to see if your charge is broken or burnt. if its burnt like mine call 877-382-4357 and throw a fit as if you were five years old again. something will get done.

Been there done that, it's not burnt, just started breaking 5 days after I had a new one installed. I sent emails, tweets, and Facebook pmd to everyone I could find, including the CEO USA of ZTE yesterday, but so far I've heard nothing back from anyone. And I'll complain to the BBB and the AG of NY if I continue to receive no response from them. New York's Attorney General takes its citizen's complaints very seriously and will run them out of the state if they investigate and find fault with them. Doing without my phone is totally unacceptable and I have a very tight budget and cannot just run out and buy another phone, used or new, so to say I'm perturbed and upset is an understatement, period.

I get a lot of customers come into my shop with this phone model and complaining about charging issues. Im afraid the charger itself is not the problem. The charging port on the motherboard needs to be replaced, which does require soldering, common issue with this phone model

How much would it cost to replace the charging port?

It cost me $54 including tax and five days later it started not working again so I have to position my stiff Titan metal covered charging cord just right and leave the phone totally alone to effect a good charge. None of my other cords would work beginning just five days after the new charging port was installed. I can't wait to get a new Samsung that will simply CHARM with no Herculean effort. ZTE Grand X Max + SOCKS big time.

*...CHARGE with no...

*...SUCKS big time...

If the charger is broken, the customer broke it. as per ZTE. IF ITS BURNT. its A BIG PROBLEM FOR ZTE. HAVE THEM call 877-382-4357

when phone is not charging there are few steps you can try -

check the power outlet and charger connection if charger is not broken than press the power key and hold for 1 min than restart the phone and plug the charger see if this work if not than try these steps and see if this fix your phone charging issue follow Guide to fix phone not charging see if this care to solve the issue .

Holding the power button for a minute worked for my husband's phone. Thank you so much. We thought the port was busted and it's a new phone. We definitely appreciate the assistance. Anyone having this issue should definitely try this before going through any drastic measures.

my want charge at all

Mine wouldnt charge in the USB port of my PC - wall or car was fine - but i noticed when I plugged it in to the port - a menu appeared on my phone where the first choice was to "Charge Only" and that was what I had kept selecting -the second choice was "install driver: once I selected that it was fine - its charging now

i figured out how to make the "ZTE zmax z970" charge. with the charging problem its sorta a simple fix. simply plug the charger into your zte zmax and wrap the chargeing cord around the phone upwards keeping a tight grip around the phones body. the phone will then charge...i know this because i have one and understand the charging struggle.

I've tried that too with my ZTE ZMAX. Now, it won't charge at all..Not even the precharge red blinking light.

If I can please get everybody's attention, I would like to tell people that have this garbage piece of shitnology that you guys deserve better then this, we shouldn't have to put up with this so everybody do what i say and raise your phone as high as your hand can reach up towards the stars and just GRONK IT. Your life will be at ease and no need thank me JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

nice idea but i much rather have a refund

I agree !!!!

Amen to that!

The phone has overheated. Let it cool and plug it back in and it will charge.

or place it on an a.c. vent

Ive had the same problem with my z970. Actually i had the same problem with my first zte phone(z790) also..

With my current phone(z970) I find the problem. is complicated.. If i try a brand new charging cable, it charges fine for a while.. then after a few days or weeks, it wont charge anymore.. I have discovered recently that the outlets in my bedroom wont charge the phone at all, but everything else works fine on that outlet. I can charge it fine in the living room with the same cable.

I found a work around that keeps me functioning.. I have a small battery storage supply i bought on amazon for about $20. It charges my phone just fine.. So I just charge it up daily, and then charge my phone with it. I get about 3 charges from it, before it needs more juice.. This has worked fine for several months now.. I hope this helps you.. The Zte Z970 really is a great phone.. I have no idea why they seem to have charging trouble. Maybe they dont.. maybe we just got lucky?

HELLO, that ZTE has a DEFECTIVE CHARGING PORT WITH A BUILT IN BATTERY THAT'S UNREMOVEABLE, so it CANNOT be charged no matter WHAT I do!!!!!!!!!! And all the "solutions" that y'all well-meaning people have offered are appreciated, but face it, the ZTE Grand X Max + is a DEFECTIVE model that two SEPARATE technicians have informed me that they have had so much trouble trying to fix or even replace its charging port that they refuse to even try to replace the charging port now, PERIOD. PLEASE, everyone, please read a few of my comments BEFORE you suggest something that you think could be helpful, because it's just an impossible fix situation, but thanks to all of y'all, especially the nice lady technician, I learned I'm not alone in having this problem with that ZTE smartphone.

then spend more than $100 on a phone or stop complaining

You are incorrect , there is a solution to the problem, which costs only $25-$35 ( if ur a smart shopper) to fix. Just need to buy the wireless charging pad and the wireless charging mat. Problem solved.

Where and what kind of wireless port

the zmax pro burnt up its own port on its own charger. after removing bits of melted plastic it still won't charge. wireless chargers have to plug into the port. replacing port not such a good idea since the burnout may have killed the motherboard too.

I never bought a phone with so much promise and so many problems...my boss is tired of me having phone problems and not being reachable for days at a time when it does something new

Best of all, ZTE says it is a physical damage and not covered under manufacturer warranty

Zolimixhaiti'zolimixon*#

'

how come i cant get it fixed for free it is their problem with it i want a new phone or model

The phone sucks!!!!!!! So angry i paid 200 plus for it. :(

If anyone wants to sell theirs I'll buy it

ahunte42 will be eternally grateful.