This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

My phone won't charge

I plugged my phone up to three different chargers still no charge

My phone won't charge

check to see if your charge is broken or burnt. if its burnt like mine call 877-382-4357 and throw a fit as if you were five years old again. something will get done.

Been there done that, it's not burnt, just started breaking 5 days after I had a new one installed. I sent emails, tweets, and Facebook pmd to everyone I could find, including the CEO USA of ZTE yesterday, but so far I've heard nothing back from anyone. And I'll complain to the BBB and the AG of NY if I continue to receive no response from them. New York's Attorney General takes its citizen's complaints very seriously and will run them out of the state if they investigate and find fault with them. Doing without my phone is totally unacceptable and I have a very tight budget and cannot just run out and buy another phone, used or new, so to say I'm perturbed and upset is an understatement, period.

My ZTE charging ability crapped after a year, charging with a type - c, that little sliver of metal inside phone is crap! That sliver gets compromised with plugging and unplugging. I have to find the right position for cord and DO NOT TOUCH IT ,or it will stop charging. I'm thinking about going to iPhone. The charger cord is a male end, the phone is female. No tiny sliver of metal to connect. Same thing happened with micro chargers. I'm blowing threw a phone a year

My ZTE Zmax won't turn on or charge

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

I get a lot of customers come into my shop with this phone model and complaining about charging issues. Im afraid the charger itself is not the problem. The charging port on the motherboard needs to be replaced, which does require soldering, common issue with this phone model

How much would it cost to replace the charging port?

It cost me $54 including tax and five days later it started not working again so I have to position my stiff Titan metal covered charging cord just right and leave the phone totally alone to effect a good charge. None of my other cords would work beginning just five days after the new charging port was installed. I can't wait to get a new Samsung that will simply CHARM with no Herculean effort. ZTE Grand X Max + SOCKS big time.

*...CHARGE with no...

*...SUCKS big time...

If the charger is broken, the customer broke it. as per ZTE. IF ITS BURNT. its A BIG PROBLEM FOR ZTE. HAVE THEM call 877-382-4357

when phone is not charging there are few steps you can try -

check the power outlet and charger connection if charger is not broken than press the power key and hold for 1 min than restart the phone and plug the charger see if this work if not than try these steps and see if this fix your phone charging issue follow Guide to fix phone not charging see if this care to solve the issue .

Holding the power button for a minute worked for my husband's phone. Thank you so much. We thought the port was busted and it's a new phone. We definitely appreciate the assistance. Anyone having this issue should definitely try this before going through any drastic measures.

my want charge at all

I plugged my phone in, it just kept saying it was charging but staying at 1% held the power button for 1 minute phone turned back on and it had been charging!

I broke the cord to me original base s I I went and bout a new cord. It will charge with a few day before saying connect to original base. After that to the cord stop charging my phone. I went the different cord and base a lot. Finally I go to this one metro who solve a big base and cord. And my problem stop. Until I broke the cord to the base. U have to use the he originally cord and base.. the worest

Holding the Power Button worked for me also, phew!

Mine wouldnt charge in the USB port of my PC - wall or car was fine - but i noticed when I plugged it in to the port - a menu appeared on my phone where the first choice was to "Charge Only" and that was what I had kept selecting -the second choice was "install driver: once I selected that it was fine - its charging now

You could just tape it to your leg.

i figured out how to make the "ZTE zmax z970" charge. with the charging problem its sorta a simple fix. simply plug the charger into your zte zmax and wrap the chargeing cord around the phone upwards keeping a tight grip around the phones body. the phone will then charge...i know this because i have one and understand the charging struggle.

I've tried that too with my ZTE ZMAX. Now, it won't charge at all..Not even the precharge red blinking light.

Don't wrap the charging cable round the phone because you could mess the cable or the phone up most likely it's the cable.if you use a after market cable that could be the problem try an ZTE type c cable that the ZMAX pro that's what i did some time if you use a after market cable the cable might get loose and don't fit like a OEM cable

If I can please get everybody's attention, I would like to tell people that have this garbage piece of ****nology that you guys deserve better then this, we shouldn't have to put up with this so everybody do what i say and raise your phone as high as your hand can reach up towards the stars and just GRONK IT. Your life will be at ease and no need thank me JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

nice idea but i much rather have a refund

I agree !!!!

Amen to that!

You got to reach down and pick the crowd up.

The phone sucks!!!!!!! So angry i paid 200 plus for it. :(

If anyone wants to sell theirs I'll buy it

I'll sell you mine

The phone has overheated. Let it cool and plug it back in and it will charge.

or place it on an a.c. vent

Ive had the same problem with my z970. Actually i had the same problem with my first zte phone(z790) also..

With my current phone(z970) I find the problem. is complicated.. If i try a brand new charging cable, it charges fine for a while.. then after a few days or weeks, it wont charge anymore.. I have discovered recently that the outlets in my bedroom wont charge the phone at all, but everything else works fine on that outlet. I can charge it fine in the living room with the same cable.

I found a work around that keeps me functioning.. I have a small battery storage supply i bought on amazon for about $20. It charges my phone just fine.. So I just charge it up daily, and then charge my phone with it. I get about 3 charges from it, before it needs more juice.. This has worked fine for several months now.. I hope this helps you.. The Zte Z970 really is a great phone.. I have no idea why they seem to have charging trouble. Maybe they dont.. maybe we just got lucky?

HELLO, that ZTE has a DEFECTIVE CHARGING PORT WITH A BUILT IN BATTERY THAT'S UNREMOVEABLE, so it CANNOT be charged no matter WHAT I do!!!!!!!!!! And all the "solutions" that y'all well-meaning people have offered are appreciated, but face it, the ZTE Grand X Max + is a DEFECTIVE model that two SEPARATE technicians have informed me that they have had so much trouble trying to fix or even replace its charging port that they refuse to even try to replace the charging port now, PERIOD. PLEASE, everyone, please read a few of my comments BEFORE you suggest something that you think could be helpful, because it's just an impossible fix situation, but thanks to all of y'all, especially the nice lady technician, I learned I'm not alone in having this problem with that ZTE smartphone.

then spend more than $100 on a phone or stop complaining

You are incorrect , there is a solution to the problem, which costs only $25-$35 ( if ur a smart shopper) to fix. Just need to buy the wireless charging pad and the wireless charging mat. Problem solved.

Where and what kind of wireless port

the zmax pro burnt up its own port on its own charger. after removing bits of melted plastic it still won't charge. wireless chargers have to plug into the port. replacing port not such a good idea since the burnout may have killed the motherboard too.

I never bought a phone with so much promise and so many problems...my boss is tired of me having phone problems and not being reachable for days at a time when it does something new

Best of all, ZTE says it is a physical damage and not covered under manufacturer warranty

Quick charge needs a cable that can handle the amps. The thicker the wire more current to flow. I have an AXON-7 the cable included supports quick charge 3 and for my girlfriend's zmax pro the cable makes the difference! Not sure if she has the original cable if she does then they should of made them to handle that current....

That the problem u need to buy a cord the the original base.

If you wants to McAfee Activate, Download & complete installation online. We are providing independent online support service , if in case you face the problem to Activate McAfee product. So visit the link :

<a href="http://www.mcafeecomactivate.com/">Mcafee Support</a>

My phone is alright. It's my charger though, I have plugged my phone into other chargers and they worked. So I think my charger is broken. If I put my phone and the charger in a certain place it chargers but it's very hard to find "that certain" place. What should I do?

Read somewhere here to hold start button for a minute and IT wORKED. Thanks so much!

Mine overheated and stopped charging yesterday, it froze on the job this past winter, so I had charging problems then, the solution for me, after investing in a 10ft long corded charger, the solution has been holding the power button and shaking my phone...it would come on after a few seconds when I did this. I had been doing this since about January 2018...but yesterday it overheated powered down to zero and hasn't recovered...pray for me Achyam

BARAKATHA YAHAWAH BARAKTHA YAHAWASHI!!!

zte max pro #yahawah #yahawashi #electchosen144

My zte zmax pro will not accept ANY cable or brick unless its zte compatible. tried SOO many different kinds and the phone don't recognize they are even plugged in....

ahunte42 will be eternally grateful.