The Samsung Galaxy Tabs are Samsung's flagship tablets that compete with iPads.

Wont charge, keeps flashing and disappering?

My Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet wont charge. I plugged it in and the battery sign appears but it wont start charging. It either freezes on the battery sign or the sign appears and disappears. The tablet is off. Wont turn on. When I try to turn it on, it turns off quickly and the battery sign appears.

now the chagrining animation wont show up

Jojo, what model of the Galaxy 4 is your tablet?

Um model? all I know is that its a Samsung galaxy 4 tablet. I tried a phone charger again and it is starting to charge but the screen keeps flashing black and when I turn it on it automatically turns off. should I just let it charge for a while and then reset it when it turns on?

why does a phone charger work but now the one that's made for it?

What size is the screen? The Tab 4 comes in a 7" and a 10.1" version?

Have you tried a different cable or try moving the connection around carefully to see if the charging port is broken you can also try a reset. Power button and volume down button at the same time till it says its resetting

I tried multiple charging cables. I even bought a new one. I also tried the reset option and it won't work :( is my tablet officially garbage?

How old is the tablet it does sound like its time for a new battery

Right now it sounds like you are having battery issues. what is the voltage/amperage of the phone charger you are using? If you do not have that written on the charger, what model is the charger?

You just said it right on the dot. It's a battery shortage. Both of my Samasungs did it and I refuse to get another one. They are both from Sprint bc I was eligible to get "Free tablets" and both did it within less than 3 months. It's aggravating and for whatever reason it's all android or Samsung products that always had issues with batteries bc my LGs and Samsung phones had the same issues with the batteries. I honestly think and believe when they say you're getting a new phone and tablet they give you refurbished ones bc my "brand new iPhone 6s I got from the actual store physically already had a dent on the back and th tablet had a scratch but they claimed it was brand new. So why am I having a software issue with my iPhone 6s if it's brand new? There're all a bunch of crock...thinking of switching providers now

Anyone tried the volume down + power button hold down trick for 5-10 seconds?

most likely it needs a new battery

Have you tried just plugging into a computer instead of your charger. the cables may be ok but maybe the chargers not and most tablets can be charged through your computer

Battery call you're manufacturer, provider etc

Jojo will be eternally grateful.