2

k1000o
25

Black screen and no internal screen detected, works great on external

Hi there

I have a problem with an Macbook PRO Late-2008 2,4 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Geforce 9400m and with remobable battery

It stars with completly black screen and in any case it works, like it was dead. If I conect to an external monitor the laptop works great on it, no video iusses and nothing worng, perfect in external screen. Them, if I search in "about this MAC..." I can see in display configuration that is shown like if the internal "screen is not conected" and of course "not detected"

The external screen is detected propetly in this menu

I open the laptop and I see that all is very well conected, cable to logic board and to the screen and it seems to be good

Thanks for your time reading this and have a nice day

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , iRobot ( )

i've got the same problème, any update?

max,

Is there any update ? I have the same issue but I have tried another display so I suppose it is the board. Any ideas ?

Francisco,

2

Majesty

The fact that the external display works is great news, it eliminates the possiblity of board or GPU issues. Can you see faint images of the desktop with a flashlight? If so then your problem lies in the Inverter Board or Inverter cables, but it should still show up under About This Mac. If you're getting no picture or faint images at all, then your problem lies in the DATA cable or Display, which explains why your display is not showing under your system profiler. Steps 28-30 of this GUIDE illustrate the Inverter Board and it's connections, it's the part covered in an orange colored plastic. Step number 8 shows the DATA cable. Make sure all of these cables are properly seated, and I would replace the Inverter Board, Inverter cable, and DATA cable now that your inside the machine. If this does not remedy the situation then you may have a bad display, it may need to be replaced. But, I would look into these cables first.

Edited by: Majesty ( )

The inverter works great because if I put my finger in the board in a specified part around the connector for the LCD cable the screen flashed and iluminated completly The problem here is that the screen is not recognised, I think because a bad cable Today one friend will give me his Macbook for test this with the screen of him and I see what is the problem Thanks for the ansswer

k1000o,

0

Joe Woodall
1

Apple sold an over priced piece of junk made in China and won't stand behind it! I'll never buy another one!

0

Fakhrul I Maruf
1

Joe, Apple products never made in China, but only assembled. Apple's machine is from Germany and chips from Japan. You may do some research about this.