2

siva rama krishna
25

How to remove viruses from my PC

My PC has lots of viruses. How can I delete them?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Sam Lionheart ( ) , Taylor Arnicar ( )

5

rj713

I will make the assumption that since you are dealing with virus infection you have a Windows machine. Do you have the disk and codes necessary to re-install your software? If so I would back-up any important data and then format the drive and re-install your programs. Now before you do anything else download and install a good free firewall--Comodo and Zone Alarm are two that come to mind but there are others. Next download and install a good free anti-virus program such as AVG Free or Avast. With all of these programs use care that you download the FREE version as they all have versions that require payment. Now after the fresh install of the OS and the firewall and anti-virus you can reinstall your data from your backup. Make sure your new anti-virus program checks it as its installed to remove any virus that may be hiding in your data. At this point you should be good to go--just make sure you keep your firewire and anti-virus programs up to date and in use. Good luck Ralph

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q...

Edited by: rj713 ( )

Well, almost simutaniously answerd - good +

remacberlin,

4

Taylor Arnicar
10k

At home, I use a copy of Symantec Antivirus.

I also regularly use the freeware Spybot Search and Destroy. (If you use Spybot, please consider supporting them by making a donation! They have been working tirelessly on the product for years, always completely for free.) It's saved my computer many times.

I to have used and recommend Spybot. +

rj713,

3

remacberlin

Best is to get one of these bootable CD/DVDs with a minimal Linux and a bunch of antivirus progs on that automaticly update over the internet. Since you booted from the optical drive the virus scanners can detect malware sitting in the boot sector of your hard drive. Here or here you'll find working CD images. Try a little google search on the subject and you'll find lots more. Sometimes you find them as giveaways in computer mags.

Those should work well and it might be a good idea for the OP to get one of them for the next time. I gave the answer using downloads to allow him to get up and running right away. + for good answer. Ralph

rj713,

0

VASILEM
13

I restored my system to an earlier date and the virus was gone. Try the restore command first.

Mike

The restore command being referenced here is run by first opening up your command prompt (press windows key + r, then type "cmd" and hit enter). This will bring up a black window which you can type into. Type this: "%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" This will run the System Restore Tool.

Taylor Arnicar,