My phone only makes sound through headphones

Well, this just happened yesterday, but my iPhone 5c is now only able to make sounds through headphones and earbuds. The ringer works fine, but not videos or music. I don't want to gut my phone, because I don't want to break it. Any answer is appreciated.

With the headphones not plugged in, press the volume up and down buttons. Does it says Ringer on the screen?

The problem will most likely be the dock connector. When playing music you also have no volume control. If you swipe up the bottom control panel from your screen in the music app, check the airplay options.

If it has the option "dock connector" and NOT "Iphone speakers" you may be almost sure it is the dock connector.

This may be caused by dirt or corrosion in the connector. Clean it with a tooth brush and a little bit of rubbing alcohol.

If cleaning does not bring any improvement, consider replacing the dock connector.

Michael Rivera will be eternally grateful.