Repair manuals and support for cars and trucks manufactured by Chevrolet.

How do I fix a floorboard leak in a 2005 Equinox?

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and water accumulates on the passenger side floorboards

when we have a heavy rain. I've sealed the sunroof and checked for any clogged tubing, but it still leaks and I don't know what else it could be. Anyone have this problem and found a solution to it?

The water is clear, so not antifreeze. I sealed the tub that comes down from the sunroof and plugged up all that looks like where a leak could be on the sunroof with silicone. Any other ideas?

scraviscrav, is it clear water, like condensation? any chance it could be antifreeze from a leaking heater core?

Everytime it rains my floorboard is soaked front and back but the seats are never wet. What could cause this problem in my 2005 Equinox?

By plugging the hole in the hose that comes off the sunroof you made the problem worse. The hose is the drain for the trough around the sunroof . the hose runs down the passenger side pillar if you remove the pillar panel you will find the hose has been possible pulled up so it doesn't go through the floor to the outside of the car or the hose could have been plugged down farther and then the water backs up and cant escape. best fix for this is to remove the silicone then blow compressed air through the hose to clear it find the hoses dump point and plug the end then blow air in again and see if you can find anywhere there may be a hole in the hose If the drains plugged then there's no place for the water to go except into the car

I found that my drain hose popped out of the drain hole in the firewall. Put it back in and testing it. Seems to be properly draining again.

I had a problem once where the rain water would travel down and when it went into my door canals a dent in the door that had been fixed on the outside but not on the inside had caused the water to cross over into the cabin and down to the floorboard. I pounded it out and it went back to normal. So basically to find that issue unlike Drake, "i started from the top" and followed the water until found some signs of anything wrong.

scraviscrav will be eternally grateful.