Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

External differences with model End 2011

Brought my Mid 2012 model in for repair (i7, 2,9Ghz).

Got back a End 2011 (i5, 2,4 GHz).

Repair guy claims that he replaced the logic board with the wrong one.

I suspect that he gave me a different laptop with my original HD and my original lower case.

Is there a physical difference (outside logic board) between a MD102 N/A and a MD313LL/A?

If you look at the memory frame Apple applies a set of labels. If you take the last four digits of the serial number you can do a lookup here: EveryMac. So the repair shop you brought the system to could have looked up your system using the cases serial number (or the logic boards) as well as the new logic boards serial number to make sure he got the correct one for your system.

Thx Dan,

Do you know if this memory frame is an independent part of the computer or is it an integral part of the logic board?

In the case of putting in a new logic board, you don't switch the frame at the same time?

Regards.

Its part of the logic board (soldered on). Here's an image of it: Memory Frame

Oompje will be eternally grateful.