Samsung BD-D5700 Turn Itself On-Off, On Off, ad infininitum
Why is my player turning itself on then off, on then off though we are not currently using it or trying to use it?
Is this a good question?
Well, you are in luck: I have finally found out how to fix it. The issue is that the touch screen panel has failed, and thus causes the Blu Ray Player to cycle on and off.
(1) Unplug Samsung Blu Ray player;
(2) Remove sidewalls and top cover;
(3) Remove front fascia;
(4) Remove front touch screen board by rotating the top out first, then you will see a thin brownish ribbon attached to the bottom;
(5) Disconnect brownish-colored ribbon from the rest of the system by pulling it straight out (the brownish ribbon runs up to the touch panel buttons);
(6) Re-assemble, leaving touch screen panel brownish ribbon disconnected from the rest of the system.
Unfortunately, you will now rely solely on the remote control as the touch screen panel on the front of the Blu Ray player will no longer work.
However, the upside is that your Blu Ray player will no longer cycle on and off.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 5
Past 7 Days: 110
Past 30 Days: 628
All Time: 4,209