The Mac Pro First Generation is an Intel Xeon-based workstation computer manufactured by Apple Inc. between the years of 2006 and 2013.

Why my hdd won't start?

Hello everyone for a week my hard drive is not triggered I remove the raid card and connect the ipass cable directly on the motherboard but nothing,

i need help please

Do you have other boot drives installed? What are the last four figures of your serial number?

Hi thank you for your reponce i only have the Macintosh HD and the western digital 2to here are my last four figures KXYL

Your machine is a 2008 model. Of course you don't need a RAID card if you are only running one hard drive. I don't understand what you are talking about on the "ipass cable". I would start up from the original system DVD and run Disk Utilities. I would also install a second hard drive if for nothing else to use Time Machine. Hard drives do not live forever and are the first thing that usually goes out and your's is 7 years old.

Yes this is true that the component starts to get old, thank your I will try this soon I thought this is the iPass cable which turns on the hard drive when connected to the motherboard

Thank you very much indeed my hard disk was H-S i just replaced and the system starts properly

but after 45-50mn use the computer shut down end won't turn back on

maruna will be eternally grateful.