Repair and disassembly guides for HP printers.

Full cartridge but ink not printing.

The black ink won't print on our printer. We thought it was out of ink but replaced it and the black ink still won't print. It acts like its printing but it's almost like the black printing components aren't working.

HP Officejet 4620

Ours is running but not printing.

Can somebody help? My HP photosmart C309A, after changing new ink the black big one, does not print? Some document, it can print light/grey color picture (blurred) but no text at all. I try cleaning all the advices above but none of them work! Please help, thanks

What they used to call 'Photo Black' is actually gray, and is used when printing color. You should try soaking the print head in warm water about 10 minutes to make sure it's clean. See if you can borrow another black cartridge to determine if your new one is defective. The Black cartridge is used to print all test reports, so when Black doesn't print, those reports print a blank page. Also, without the main Black cartridge, alignment will fail.

I just replaced all 5 cartridges AND the print head, and my C309a still won't print with the (main) Black cartridge. Colors and photo black all okay. So it's now a boat anchor, with > $120 new parts. I'm going to disassemble to see if I can find an interruption in the black print signals.

Same problem. Tried all cleaning, pin, new cartridge, etc. Still trying to figure it out.

Hi, I finally got mine working 2 days ago, was so happy, I had to realign the printer in the tools menu on the printer screen!

I was so happy!

BUT, TODAY THE SAME PROBLEM, I am done with HP printers!

I just bought an Epson XP434, at wal mart, it prints pages and photos, it does not fax or print two sides.

It is a special model made for WalMart, it was $49.99

Model XP 440 which is sold by Staples and Office Max is the same but $59.99

It is a little smaller, but has pretty good reviews!

Most Helpful Answer

Did you remove the little piece piece of tape on the bottom of cartridge.

Yes I did. The printer sounds as if it's printing. It will print colour but not black. Any other ideas?

I cannot locate a command to clean the ink jet. Installed new black cartridge.

Go to tools on the printer. Tap clean print heads.

Get a small but sturdy paint brush (the kind children use for water colours), and brush the carriage under the ink tray. Worked for me.

I was having the same problem today. Ran carriage under water and dried. Still didn't work. Looked under tools menu on the printer screen and noticed "clean cartridges." Chose that option. I guess it did the job, because it ran a test print and when we tried to print again it worked just fine.

it worked for me.

I tried twice "Aligne Printheads" and "Print test" but it wasnt printing yellow at all.

"Clean Printheads" did its job perfectly

I have had this happen twice with my HP Deskjet 3510. I got on HP phone support and went through all the steps & tips both times and nothing helped. Finally, they suggested I try ANOTHER new black ink cartridge, and it worked perfectly. Apparently, the initial ink cartridges were defective. HP sent me a new cartridge and I mailed the defective one back to them.

How did you get ahold of them? I have been searching and searching for a customer service phone number and I can't come up with anything.

I have the EXACT same issue, but I already went out and bought the new ink on my own. I just want to see if they will replace the defective one since I spent money on it.

I'm using windows 10, 64 bit and my Officejet 4620 printer wouldn't print black despite having a new HP cartridge. I removed the printer, uninstalled the software and set up the printer again from scratch. It now works.

kinda helpful

I rinsed out the printer head under tap and used an alcohol que tip to clean out the head. It cleans out the dried gunk in the head that is left there. It seemed to do the trick

How do you remove the printer head?

see http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Is...

Followed everything. I am getting the notification that the ink carriage cannot move. It does make a bang inside but I can move it back and forth easily with my hand. I noticed that it drops down a little on the right hand side. Perhaps into a locking position? I also think there is some sort of a ink tray below it. Lots of ink there. Unfortunately I cannot get this to print still.

Two things that work :

1) go under Advanced printer settings and change everything to black or gray scale. This will allow you to print in black if your color cartridges are empty.

2) take out the black ink cartridge and use a small stiff paint brush and brush the printer head ( looks like a little round mesh metal screen) I went back-and-forth and in a circular motion several times and then replaced the ink cartridge. A little dab of rubbing alcohol may help.

read this article that helps you to stop HP from stopping u using refilled cartridge permently

https://support.bchtechnologies.com/hc/e...

call H.P. for help

they fixed mine for free. 1-800-474-6836

you'll get this recording saying to go to the web site but just wait it will send you to somebody after awhile.

then tell them whats going on and they will help you fix it

I called but they did not fix mine since it was out of warranty; tried to sell me a new HP printer instead.

I went to set up then tools then align printhead...nothing. Then I went to set up then tools then clean printhead and we're back in business

Not printing any color after new ink what is the problem new copy machine in Vegas hot here new ink two months old barely used

I have the epson workforce 2750 series printer and it displayed the message that my ink is low so I went and brought another ink cartridge and inserted it into the printer the correct way and now the black ink is mot printing what is the problem why the black ink is not printing?

There are few options you can consider before fixing this solution on your own, first you can get help from visual help of still it is not resolved then consider calling HP printer technical support number for HP customer service, people refer this number as they are experts who guide you in right way & quite popular in market. For more information visit :- http://www.customerhelptech.com/hp-techn...

Youtube Help:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql5CPAvT...

HP 6500A won't print in black. I have washed the head and replaced the black cartridge but still won't print in black. Any ideas?

EmilyB will be eternally grateful.