Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Why is the backlight not working, but phone is?

The backlight isn't working, but I can make and receive calls.Help!

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

It would be important to know which phone you have, Apple has sold 4 different models of iPhones. That being said, this is a problem I have run into multiple time before on the 3G and 3GS. If you have a 3G or a 3GS then I would suggest you take a look at this guide. Specifically Step #4.

In the phone there are 3 cables that you have to plug in from the display to the board. The one which bends at a 90˚ angle, sometimes labeled "#1" is responsible for running the LCD. If this doesn't sit properly you can lose image or, as in your case, backlight.

Be sure this cable is firmly slipped into its housing. A good test is to turn the phone on while it is open, and hold that cable down with a finger.

annitacline will be eternally grateful.