Repair vehicles (other than cars and trucks) that get you from one place to another, such as skateboards, motorcycles, and bicycles.

2 wheel electric segway: Light not red when charging for 1st time

Went to charge it for 1st time, light wont turn red.

So I bought a two wheel segway and after a great deal of time, it finally arrived. My friend and I rode it all day yesterday and had loads of fun. Naturally the segway light blinked red, meaning it was time to charge it. I pulled out the new charger (MODEL: Hk-42-2000 INPUT: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, OUTPUT:.42V) and the light stayed green. According to the the instructions, the light is suppose to turn red when charging and turn green when fully charged 2-3 hours later. So I tried many different outlets and tried switching the plug in pieces different ways and still had no luck. I left it plugged plugged in for an hour just in case, and the segway said it was dead. Lastly another thing to mention is when I unplug the outlet, the box turns red for 10-15 seconds. What should I do, any help well be greatfully appreciated!!

I bought a hover board , I charged it and the charger turned green meaning ( full charged ) but when I go on it the light turns green / red . Can anybody help? * I don't know what's wrong with it any help can help * thank you .

My hover borad fully died what do I do (can't turn on) and when i plug the charger in the light is not green anymore there's no Colour that comes up once I plug it in but when I un plug it the green comes on (the brick)

I bought a Hoverboard 4 weeks ago and 4 days ago when I charged it for 2-3 hours it wouldn't charge the charger stays green when trying to charge Hoverboard and after leaving it for 4 hours it still wouldn't charge when I turn it on the light beeps red !! What should I do please I need help I'm obsessed with this electronic please if I could get directions I would appreciate it

My charger will stay red for about 5min, then it will turn green, but it will stay red on the hover board and blink. Any solutions?

U have to charge your hoverboard for 1 hour.

I am having the same issue with mine. My son and I tried it out for maybe a total of 2 hours ride time off and on before the battery light on top that was green started blinking red and beeping at him. Our charger stayed green when we plugged it in. I left it charging for 1 hour ... checked it -- it was flashing green (meaning at 50% according to the manual) Left it charging for another hour (states 2-3 hours - assuming 3 hours max!!) still blinking green. At hour 3 (my last attempt) the battery light on the swagway was solid green so we were excited!!! Got on it and it quickly turned to red blinking then beeping at us again :( So sad about it and frustrating!! What happened to yours??? It's not a calibration thing is it?! Because I think that is the solid circle light when it blinks red.

Use a phillips screwdriver and open it up on the charger male side. Check to make sure the charger wire is tightly fitting. When I opened my sons, the wire wasn't connected at all. Plugged it in and no problems since.

The light on my charger stayed green when trying to charge and it seemed like I had to push hard on the end of the charger to get it to connect to the hover board. I took it apart and there wasn't any loose wires. After I looked at the end of the charger and saw the groove, I found where groove lined up with the hover board connection. On the hover board connection where the charger goes, there is a small notch that sticks out be sure the groove on the charger lines up with that. Mine went on easy and charged perfectly.

We also had trouble charging my sons for the first time after using it. I read many comments on this website and found that you can actually put the charger into the Hoverboard wrongly and therefore the charging light stays green. I unplugged everything and then found out that there is a groove in the board charging dock and charger connecter that have to be lined up. You then plug the charger into the socket and not before?? Hey presto the red light came on and it charged.

Hope this helps

Thank you just found the little groove segboard charging atlast

Well same thing happened to I think that the problem is that inside the Segway the charger hole inside it there's a cord and that might be loose or u might just need a new charger

On the charger is a transformer and bridge, I don't know about Segway products but you probably blew a diode. There could be a fuse blown but probably no access. Get a meter and check voltage coming out of the charger , that will tell you a lot. It could be something simple like where you plug it in on the Segway that jack is bad. Can you access it to see. I will check back but I'm sure it's something simple like that. That jack get abused the most so there you are , the first rule of troubleshooting.

I opened my sons hoverboard and the charger wire was not connected. You may want to check the charger wire and slightly tighten the wire.

Put the transformer in a hard surface and press down hard on the grooved part of the cover. I did this and the light went from red/green to red solid for charging. This would indicate a loose connection somewhere in the circuit board, but may work for now.

My sons swegway is just flickering the power and the battery icon when trying to turn it on

Try this. Read it on some blog. Disconnect your charger from both ends. Make sure your segway is off. Now before connecting the charger to the segway make sure the other end is not already in the socket. Only after it is inserted in to the segway then only plug the other end and now try turning the main switch on. Your charger light should go red. If it works do let me know.

Regards

Fixed it. Thanks guys. Opened the back panel from the charging side and the charging wire socket was lose. Unplugged it from the board and plugged it back and it started charging.

I fell off my hoverboard today and now it won't turn on.. it just shut off when it rolled 2 times. No red light or nothing come on somebody just txt me and give me some ideas I just got this hoverboard too 6363590872

Check your instructions. It may need to recalibrate it.

Sorry, I have the problem that when I put the charger on and it stays green.

So the battery on the hoverboard is totaly finished, it doesn't turn on because it hasn't got enough energy. What can I do to make it charge??

My son took his over to friends house. They has plush carpet and apparently got debris around one wheel axle. He cleaned it out but,now that one wheel wont roll smoothly and that side wont operateHelp!

I had the same problem. Like everyone I checked all the connections, tried a new charger. I replaced the battery, it works and charges like a charm. I checked the voltage on the old battery and I have a dead cell. Took to a local hobby shop to confirm, it was a dead cell. They told me that the Lipo Batteries won't charge if you have one dead cell. So, check your connections, and buy a new Samsung or LG Battery and it will work fine.

I had the same problem. I couldn't get the light to go to red. I got it to work, here's what I did. I took off the cover where the charger port is. There are wires connected to the port and motherboard. My wire was disconnected where it should be soldered to the charging port. I plugged the charger in, as I touched the wire to the empty post, the light went to red. Hooray! A little electrical tape to hold it there, and it charged.

Many thanks for these facts and helpful opinions. Daughter got one for Christmas and its dead. Charger is green but no light on board. So with the help of u guys, we r returning to the supplier, bluefin who will hopefully replace 2 day faulty for new on pick up?

Can anybody help me ?

When i tried to charge the hoverboard 4 the 1st time there was no light indication of charging and afterleaving it in charge 4 long time it was not runing

Nick will be eternally grateful.