What is the USB port power output?

I have a MacBook 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo:(13-inch, Late 2009) – Model A1342 Polycarbonate Unibody ( MC207LL/A ) and I was wondering if anyone knows what the USB ports power output is ?

Exact voltage and current it can supply to an external device ?

or where I might find this information

it's a standard - 5V 500mAh is the maximum

good answer +

Actually, see the zdnet article, "All USB ports aren't created equal". It looks like the USB port closer to the screen is already sharing a USB hub with internal devices, and won't provide as much power in actual use as the one closer to the front of the MacBook.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/all-usb-...

+ agreed - ports are different

All USB ports on a MacBook Air/Pro are the standard 500 mA (milliamps) at 5 V (Volts). However when an Apple device (that require or can use more mA) is plugged in it can output up to 1100 mA at 5 V

This power is available under certain conditions:

- An Apple peripheral device must be plugged directly into an Apple computer or display. Apple peripheral devices connected to hubs will not have access to extra power above the standard USB specification of the port the device is connecting to (500 mA for USB 1.1 or 2, 900 mA for USB 3).

- Your Apple computer or display must be powered on and must be awake. If your Apple computer or display is asleep, all ports will provide their normal maximum output. If your Apple computer or display is powered off, no power will be provided.

- The port providing extra power is determined by the first Apple peripheral or device to connect to the Apple computer or display that requires power beyond 500 mA for USB 1.1 or 2, or 900 mA for USB 3. The remaining ports will continue to offer their normal maximum output. Some Apple computer and displays may offer the ability to operate more than one USB port at 1100 mA at 5 V. On those computers, the second or third port is enabled when an appropriate device is connected.

- An Apple computer started up to Windows via BootCamp will not provide extra power.

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4049

correct me if I am wrong, but the MacBook 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo:(13-inch, Late 2009) Model A1342 does not have a USB 3 port. It has USB 2 ports, hence the max output is still only 500mA. In 2012 Apple announced new MacBook Airs and MacBook Pro with USB 3.0.

Maximum of 5.25V, for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_S...

thanks for the clarification ;-)

Wait? What? That can't be true... I charge my iPad2 using the USB-port on my Macbook, the iPad2 doesn't charge from an USB-port with only 0.5A...

Unless you're charging your iPhone, in which case you're getting 1.1A.

The connecter piece for the iPhone from the wall charger is 5v 1A

The weak ones are... you can get the up to 2.4A.

David Bell will be eternally grateful.