ABS light comes on after driving the car for few kilometers?

ABS light comes on after driving the car for few kilometer, Once the car is parked for sometime, the ABS nights goes off and come back again after driving for few kilometers.

As it's a sensor, it could be getting "jostled" as you drive, but when you're parked it almost "resets" as it's in the correct position. A mechanic would need to view/replace the sensor.

Note: having the ABS light on will NOT affect the use of brakes from a "can I still brake point of view" It will stopped the staggered pressure of the brakes so that you're less likely to lock them. I've driven many months w/ the ABS light on after talking w/ my mechanic about it. (Older cars did NOT have the ABS system, it's newer and just an added safety feature, but not required for safe driving (as long as you're a somewhat safe driver, i.e., you're not tailgating only to jam the brakes last second to avoid crash etc... - Hope I explained that.) I'm also NOT a mechanic so this is info I've merely passing along from my experience with the ABS light.

An abs sensor is securely mounted to the car a "jostle" will not move it . if it were to move it would have to be completely broken from its mount and it wouldn't "reset" itself into place

Most Helpful Answer

Often when you get erratic sensor readings from the ABS it can be related to road grime and metal filings on the end of the sensor which is just a magnet If you go to each wheel and blow out the tone ring with compressed air or high pressure water it often helps . Or remove the sensore and clean the end of any metal filings or dirt that may be stuck to it. Hope this helps

I am pretty sure KK is correct. it's a wheel sensor. They are easy to replace and rather inexpensive once you know which one is the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Lock-Sensor-D...

Inti will be eternally grateful.