ABS light comes on after driving the car for few kilometers?

ABS light comes on after driving the car for few kilometer, Once the car is parked for sometime, the ABS nights goes off and come back again after driving for few kilometers.

As it's a sensor, it could be getting "jostled" as you drive, but when you're parked it almost "resets" as it's in the correct position. A mechanic would need to view/replace the sensor.

Note: having the ABS light on will NOT affect the use of brakes from a "can I still brake point of view" It will stopped the staggered pressure of the brakes so that you're less likely to lock them. I've driven many months w/ the ABS light on after talking w/ my mechanic about it. (Older cars did NOT have the ABS system, it's newer and just an added safety feature, but not required for safe driving (as long as you're a somewhat safe driver, i.e., you're not tailgating only to jam the brakes last second to avoid crash etc... - Hope I explained that.) I'm also NOT a mechanic so this is info I've merely passing along from my experience with the ABS light.

An abs sensor is securely mounted to the car a "jostle" will not move it . if it were to move it would have to be completely broken from its mount and it wouldn't "reset" itself into place

Often when you get erratic sensor readings from the ABS it can be related to road grime and metal filings on the end of the sensor which is just a magnet If you go to each wheel and blow out the tone ring with compressed air or high pressure water it often helps . Or remove the sensore and clean the end of any metal filings or dirt that may be stuck to it. Hope this helps

I am pretty sure KK is correct. it's a wheel sensor. They are easy to replace and rather inexpensive once you know which one is the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Lock-Sensor-D...

On the contrary, ABS sensors are not easily replaced if they have been on the car for several years. They become rust-seized in the sensor retaining hole chamber. On the last model we serviced it took a lot of time in banging, and a torch finally to remove it as Toyota used Metal encased sensors on their earlier sensor models. Get ready - not a fun job. And on the rear wheels of earlier model Camrys, the backseat bottom and sides must be removed to access the harness connectors. Put aside some time and energy for this job and be sure to get OEM if you can afford it, or very good aftermarket matching sensors.

My ABS light was going on and off erratically. Turned out my anti-freeze was empty. Luckily this happened in the winter. After filling it up it took a couple of weeks for the fluid to redistribute. The ABS light hasn't been on since. Don't knock it until you try it. I have a 2007 Honda Civic.

What year and model car do you have? My car does some weird electrical things from time to time too. It drives me nuts....lol

I was turning at a light and my abs light went on...once I parked for 15 mins and I turned the car back on abs light went off.

I know I have a bad sensor on my tire front passenger tire I ordered it waiting on it to come in...

Could it be that??

I am having the same issue as you. Did it end up solving your problem?

Please how do I fix my abs light it pops up after driving a short distance but before it pops up I get this erratic noise from the brake pedal until the abs indicator pops up on the dashboard then the noise stops. Please what could be the problem? Also I have changed one sensor, plus the rotor n brake pads.

Inti will be eternally grateful.