Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Replaced battery, doesn't charge or work without power adapter?

Hello there! I recently purchased a 13" 2007 Macbook (Black) A1181 as a small project to keep myself busy, and to use as a music-making machine on my free time. The machine runs great, with an upgraded 500GB HDD and a 4GB RAM. It's currently running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), but I plan on upgrading it to Lion and, if possible, from there, Yosemite. The machine works well. The only issue I have with it is that the battery it came with was defective, so I replaced it and bought one for around $15 on eBay. Upon arrival, I plugged it in and it showed up, but would not charge. A few days (2 or 3) after I installed the new battery, "No batteries available" is showing up now and I can't get it to work on the battery, only when connected to the power adapter. Please bear in mind that this was an issue already, as the battery it came with was defective (it being 8 years old, I think it's justifiable). I'm confused and want to know if this has anything to do with the MagSafe connector, or the battery connecter. I'm willing to have any of this replaced and get this machine working. Any advice?

Wow...a $15 dollar battery off eBay. I'd like to say you got a good deal but that's not the case. You might have been sold a bad battery for it to just go out on you like that.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

$15 batteries are not renowned for their longevity. Get a better idea of what is really going on with it. Download and run, then report your finding with an early version 2.8 of Coconut Battery: http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutba...

Here's what I'm getting. Could this be the battery connector?

Roberto Machuca will be eternally grateful.