The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Touch screen dead area

Hi there,

Something weird with my iPhone 5c. I have an erratic dead area on the touch screen. Most of the time this area is unresponsive to touch actions. This area corresponds to the keys 'u', 'h', 'j', 'b' and 'n' when a qwerty keyboard is used in upright position. I was assuming the most likely cause was the digitizer. So I tried to connect a LCD assembly from another phone to mine: the problem is exactly the same! I can not understand how a motherboard issue could lead to such a situation...

Any idea guys?

The issue is a broken digitizer FPC connector on the motherboard. It will show these symptoms of having dead spots on that part of the keyboard. A new one will need to be soldered on.

Joffrey Heyraud will be eternally grateful.